Brewer Fanatic

Minor league options remaining

battlekow

Cross-posting this from BCB because it seems like a useful list to propagate. Please correct me if I've made any errors, which is very likely when putting something like this together.

Out of options:

Tony Gwynn

Hernan Iribarren

Corey Hart

Seth McClung

Brad Nelson

Laynce Nix

Mike Rivera

Rickie Weeks

One option:

Dave Bush

Joe Dillon

Manny Parra

Luis Pena

Vinny Rottino

Carlos Villanueva

Two options:

Mark DiFelice

Tim Dillard

Alcides Escobar

Prince Fielder

Lou Palmisano

Mitch Stetter

Three options:

Ryan Braun

Yovani Gallardo

Mat Gamel

J.J. Hardy

Angel Salome

I didn't include anyone with 5+ years service time, because those players can refuse options, though some (like Chris Capuano) have one or more left.

I thought Bush used his final option this season as did Dillon--you do realize that Brewerfan lists options on its 40 man roster page: http://www.brewerfan.net/...ortyManRoster.do?teamId=1
I've never seen that page before. I always access the 40-man on this site by going to the player index and using the 40-man filter.

I definitely got Escobar wrong because I was mentally associating him with Salome and Gamel; he has two left. I'll edit the post to reflect that.

Villanueva was added to the 40-man in November 2005 and optioned in 2006 and 2007.

Iribarren was added at the same time and optioned in 2006, 2007, and 2008.

Dillon was optioned in 2005 by the Marlins and in 2008 by the Brewers; his contract was purchased by the Brewers in August of 2007 and he wasn't optioned that year.

Bush was optioned in 2005 by the Blue Jays and in 2008 by the Brewers.

I realize some of those contradict what Brewerfan has, but I think I'm interpreting the rules correctly. I'm positive that I'm right about Villanueva and Iribarren.

I'm glad that bum Braun has three options--he'll learn to hit .350 with a .650 slugging percentage--or else!
Isn't there a rule against players with a certain amount of service time that still have to clear waivers even though they have options? I seem to remember that coming up when Dave Bush got sent down this year.

Also, after five years (I believe), a player has to approve the use of an option.

This is a good topic. While Brewerfan lists options, it's occasionally been known to be wrong. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived