Brewer Fanatic

9/3/08 Non-Brewers IGT: 600 People show up to Braves-Marlins game

datrain711

I'm not surprised, look how one of their own players treat their fans:

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/baa2a25a-aa59-4326-a1b6-a15216176b04.jpg

Florida is above .500 too, they aren't even a losing team. I think a new stadium in a new location will help, but though it isn't the only factor in the low attendance, I think the "Florida model" of management has been proven to be incredibly hard on the fan base even when executed well enough to net multiple rings.

EDIT: And instead of an A-ball affiliate in Fox Cities Stadium, let's move the Marlins there!

I think a lot of the Marlins' problem is that they're forced to play at Dolphins Stadium, which is like 45 minutes away from where most people in Miami live. The people of Miami don't mind making that trek 8 times a year for Dolphins home games, but you'd have to be nuts to go there for 81 Marlins games when most nights it's hot, muggy, and a good chance the game's going to get rained out. The good news for them is that it looks like the plans to build a stadium on top of the old Orange Bowl in Coral Gables is going to go through, so we'll finally be able to see how much of their problem is travel time to the stadium and how much of it is due to a tiny fanbase.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Gotta love that St. Louis bullpen...D-Backs WIN!!!

Man, that bullpen is bad. You think it would drive a manager to drink...and drive.

That is classic...after that last series, I love any TLR humor!!! At least with the Cards their awfulness has held true...not so much for the Mets.

C'mon Nats!!! They are showing some fight here.

Again I say, I am glad the Crew is done with the Astros. They are making a run like the Rockies and play the Rockies this weekend. They might make a run...seven with Pitt, 3 with Cubs...3 with Atlanta, 3 with Florida and 3 with Cincinnati...They will be 6.5 out of the WC with a win.

The Crew needs to start winning and everything will be fine.

Archived