Brewer Fanatic

6/3/06 - Washington (O'Connor) v. Brewers (Davis) 6:05 CST

Mass Haas
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously.. I know there are a group of Jenkins fanatics on this board.. but 0-5 with 3 K's... he shoudn't be batting 6th much less third...

Of course you only here them pipe up when he finds 1 of his 2 hits a week..

1 of those 6 games was on Turnbow. If you're looking to blame someone for this losing streak, there are plenty of other players to look at other than Turnbow. And I wasn't defending his performance today, just saying that it's never fair to expect a closer to not give up 1 hit or walk in an inning.

Which team out there would be desperate enough to take Jenkins bloated contract and zero production off our books? Please tell me someone out there is dumb enough to do this good deed for us.

Quote:
What is your icon now, anyway?

Well, it was a picture of the original Mongo from Blazing Saddles. Miller gave Turnbow the nickname of Mongo. Not for me anymore.

I completely understand that feeling of getting kicked in the nads. That perfectly describes how I feel.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

PLEASE tell me we didnt just lose again.

We didn't just lose again. This is all a figment of our imaginations. Turnbow has a sub-2 ERA like last year, is lights out, and our hitting in key situations is better than ever! We have a great team that's contending for the playoffs and we wouldn't lose series to the Pirates or Nationals. That just wouldn't be the Brewers.

Last time I checked, these guys are paid to perform and win ball games.

And the other team is payed to beat them. I never understood this argument.

2006: "The Hunt For Ned's October"

There really wasn't an argument being made by me there. It was a matter of suggesting the Brewers players are worthless right now and they're not even showing a sense of urgency right now while reeling. Let's get 20 games back again and then make a move for the sake of making one.

And P.S. you may want to change that "2006: The Hunt for Ned's October" thing to 2007 or 2008. The only thing Ned will be hunting in October of '06 is deer or quail.

Well...

That certainly was my Sharpie on the mound tonight. 11 Ks; sigh!

The end of the game was distressing, but not as much as if Doug had dug himself yet another early hole. I was wondering if there'd be a discussion on here about whether he should have had a chance to finish the game.

I'd like to see more of Corey Hart, and at this point less of G-Whiff.

To an extent, I can handle a losing streak. But what bugs me extra this week has been seeing these ex-Brewers - discarded parts from our crap heap - make a difference. Latest entry, Royce Clayton. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

And that "ad board is too bright" delay was just silly. (Though Jim P. made a funny when he said, "I think they're pointing at you, Bob.") I was mildly surprised that Royce didn't blame his late-game error on the flashing lights.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Verified Member

I was there tonight and it was so disappointing to lose in front of such a huge crowd when you badly needed a win. Just a total heartbreaker.

I also saw a lot of stupid disturbing things on the field . .

* Doug Davis had an awesome game, but that stupid walk to the pitcher really hurt us. You just can't do stuff like that.

*Bunting seems to be a big problem still. So much for doing the little things better this season.

* Bill Hall dropped a ball when the runner was supposed to be picked off. It was terrible.

* I was unhappy with Ned's decision to have Weeks bunt in the 9th inning. Considering that Rickie never bunts, I didn't want to see him try it and mess it up. Of course, he did mess it up.

* I don't know what Doug Davis' pitch count was, but I was really hoping he would go the distance. I didn't have a good feeling about Turnbow knowing that Davis was cruising along without major problems.

* Jenkins just flat out stinks. You need someone who can make contact in the three spot. I am now getting so sick of his inconsistency and tendency to swing for the fences when you just need a single. I just want to see Corey Hart play now.

* It was horrible to see Koskie get caught stealing with Prince at the plate.

* I know Prince needed a day off, but I would have rather seen Jenkins sit tonight.

Archived