Brewer Fanatic

Nat. Cent. Playoff Teams Remaining Schedules: Brewers vs Cubs

agarr26

With Zambrano going down (his arm slot has been mentioned to have dropped several inches by several MLB scouts over the last month) (he has been terrible in his last 3 outing with a drastic dip in velocity) the Cubs are going to be in deep [expletive deleted]! They are skipping Harden's next start this week as well as a precautionary measure.

The Brewers have games against the following teams:

Padres (4)

Red (6)

Pirates (3)

They should be able to win 11 out of the 13 games against those 3 teams!

Mets (1)

Cubs (6)

Phillies (4)

They should be able to win 7 out of the 11 games against these 3 teams. This would make them 18-14 to finish up the season. While not a great record...this should be enough to get them in the playoffs!!!

Take a look at the Cubs schedule from here on out (It's Scary for a team battling arm injuries). I am more worried about Houton making a run as they're schedule is extremely weak and they are on fire right now having won 7 in a row and showing no signs of slowing down!

Brewers (6)

Mets (4)

Cardinals (6)

Astros (4)

Reds (3)

(edited for language, tossed in link to Zambrano thread --1992)

They should be able to win 11 out of the 13 games against those 3 teams!

You think we should expect a .846 win% against them? It could happen but it's certainly not the expected result.

"They should be able to win 7 out of the 11 games against these 3 teams."

7-4 against the best teams in the NL?

"I am more worried about Houton making a run as they're schedule is extremely weak and they are on fire right now having won 7 in a row and showing no signs of slowing down!!!"

If you are worried about Houston's .7% chance of making the playoffs, you might as well hide in your basement until the season ends. And if you think those odds are grossly off, I'll be happy to give you 10:1 odds. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't care about the who or where, if they can finish something like 14-10, I am likely to wet myself. The division is possible, but highly unlikely. I'll be more than happy with the WC, in a bad luck year where 94 wins can't win the division. Now, given the combined 6-9 (I know there are many games to play) record against the Mets and Cubs, and their ability to win in the playoffs...that could be another story.

Archived