Brewer Fanatic

9/3/08 Mets (Perez) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
Yep. For like 15 innings, we failed to get a single run off the mets bullpen. It is almost unbelievable, really.

What a beautifully fitting way to end it, Weeks.

Congrats to Escobar.

Well, the Mets came into the series with a bullpen scoreless inning streak of three or something like that, so they at least had a decent game or two before coming into Milwaukee. It stinks that the Brewers couldn't score on the bullpen, sure, but it's not like it's indicative of some kind of epic failure. Even bad bullpens have good stretches every once and awhile -- look at the Brewers' bullpen the past few years.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that the fans have every right to boo; I hope you can respect my opinion that most people look like petulant children when they do.

I'm a fan, not a cheerleader, but I don't see the ultimate benefit of riding your team--a generally good team--for mistakes, most of which will happen on occasion. I know, I know--you boo to let them know bad play is "not acceptable." I'm sure they weren't aware of that before some drunk from Waukesha started bellowing at them.

This is pretty much how I feel. I certainly didn't mean to start a flame war, and hadn't seen this discussion previously (pretty new here), so I apologize. I won't bring it up again, as no one is going to change anyone else's mind, and I certainly won't bring it up in an IGT.

Archived