Brewer Fanatic

9/3/08 Mets (Perez) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - talk about a meltdown. Not the Brewers...this thread. I see a lot of people chirping about the Cubs message boards when things aren't going well...by reading this thread you'd think this was the end of the Brewers' season.

It reminds me exactly of what happened after the Cubs sweep at MP. Everyone (especially my casual-fan friends) kept telling me how much the Brewers suck and didn't want to hear me tell them that one series does not make or break a season. Then what happened? They went 20-7 in August. Relax. One sweep is not the end of the world.

Am I frustrated? Oh yeah I am. Am I worried about the Brewers playoff chances? Of course I am. I'm a Brewers fan, I've been bred to expect failure. But step back from the ledge for a second and look at things rationally. The Brewers will end the season 2-4 against the Mets (most likely). Is that so terrible in such a small sample? What about the 4-6 record against the Cubs? Rickie turns a double play in July and that's 5-5 against the (...gulp...) best team in baseball. Relax, we'll finish today with, at worst, a 3 1/2 game lead in the wild card. When we take 3 or 4 from the Padres, you'll all be saying how we're in the driver's seat for the playoffs once again. Deep breath...

I am not Shea Vucinich

Bill Hall almost killed Brian Schneider on that popup. Slammed the bat into the ground with both hands, but nearly drilled Schneider in the head on the backswing. Mets announcers figure that Hall would've been called for obstruction if Schneider had dropped the pop up. They ripped into him pretty good for being selfish.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

The four in Philly could decide our fate. Hopefully, Philly will lose today as they have their worst pitcher on the mound and are facing someone pretty decent. Hopefully, the Mets and Marlins will beat up on Philly and we'll beat up on San Diego and the Reds, and we'll go in 5-8 games up on them in the Wild Card. This is going to be a very tight race, though. Very tight. Could very well come down to the Cubs knocking us out of the playoffs. If we lose today, thats at least 2 games we should have won and also 2 more games we have to win to ensure that we make the playoffs. With the Phillies and Mets easy schedules, we can probably rely on them posting pretty good months. We have to follow up and at least finish a game or two over .500, which is now looking difficult as we'll need to play 5-over to do so.

As has been mentioned in this thread, every team hits rough patches here and there, which is true. I think my frustration stems from the fact that we had this rough patch at a time down the stretch when the Cubs have dropped 4 in a row (1st time this year?) and until today we basically cost ourselves the games. Thats where my frustration is seeded

I really dislike Oliver Perez. I bet he's doing that stupid hop thing when he jogs off the field.
We've got some guys that do this...I gotta admit I kinda like the superstition, although I prefer when they just walk on or off.
Yeah but sometimes he'll like run and then do a frickin' high jump over the line. And not to mention his random "I'm going to hold my leg in the air for five seconds during my windup" thing.

Archived