Brewer Fanatic

9/3/08 Mets (Perez) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the MP crowd boos well out of proportion (yes, I know this can't be proved)...there's something wrong there.

Now that I will agree with. It doesn't bother me too much, because they paid to get in there, and again - it's a sporting event - so obnoxious fans come with the territory. Fans at Miller Park do seem to boo at weird and stupid times though. Oh well...

We've had this "to boo or not to boo" discussion about a bazillion times, most recently when Turnbow voiced his complaints about how sensitive he was to it. I think that topic was like 400 pages long. Let's just give it a rest.

Yes Im sorry I brought it up. You either see the point or you completely miss it.

I swear, if this team could bat in runners from second with one out or less a little more often, they'd be another 10 or 15 games above 500. The amount of runners we strand with one out or less is one of the most maddening things about this team. So far we've had guys on 1st and 2nd twice and a runner on 2nd, and have zero runs to show for it.

I can't fathom how booing for your own team will ever do any good, I'll never understand why people do it. Sure it might make the fan feel better but that isn't really doing any good. All it can accomplish is to sap at the spirit of the players, I highly doubt it somehow motivates them.

on a side note, did anyone see YO in the dugout last series? I swear I saw him and so did 2 other guys I was with. Were we seeing things?
What planet do you live on? He traveled with the team on the last road trip and threw a simulated game for 2 innings at MP yesterday. And he is often in the dugout at home games. But what do I know, I'm not a true fan according to you

I agree that the fans have every right to boo; I hope you can respect my opinion that most people look like petulant children when they do.

I'm a fan, not a cheerleader, but I don't see the ultimate benefit of riding your team--a generally good team--for mistakes, most of which will happen on occasion. I know, I know--you boo to let them know bad play is "not acceptable." I'm sure they weren't aware of that before some drunk from Waukesha started bellowing at them.

on a side note, did anyone see YO in the dugout last series? I swear I saw him and so did 2 other guys I was with. Were we seeing things?
What planet do you live on? He traveled with the team on the last road trip and threw a simulated game for 2 innings at MP yesterday. And he is often in the dugout at home games. But what do I know, I'm not a true fan according to you

Thank you for that wonderful tip.

the MP crowd boos well out of proportion (yes, I know this can't be proved)...there's something wrong there.

Now that I will agree with. It doesn't bother me too much, because they paid to get in there, and again - it's a sporting event - so obnoxious fans come with the territory. Fans at Miller Park do seem to boo at weird and stupid times though. Oh well...

The only thing I can think of is the franchise has been so mediocre to downright pitiful for so long that now that they've been respectable the last couple years a lot of these casual fans think they deserve to see a win and lash out when they don't.

When it comes down to it, boo or cheer, both are stupid as being a sports fan is one of the most irrational things to grace humanity. In the end, we are all just cheering for our local company's millionaire employees to swing a stick at a quickly-moving ball better than the other cities, just to give us the unjustified feelings of an almost intrinsic self-superiority and victory over other cities. Win or lose, even wth World Series, we haven't gained anything tangible, and in a couple of years, we won't really even care anyway.

At least that's the way I'm thinking about it as I prepare myself for missing the playoffs.

Oliver Perez has been pitching pretty well for awhile now. I know a lot of Mets fans and they say he's done a lot better once they fired their pitching coach along with Willie Randolph. Apparently the pitching coach had Perez doing some things he wasn't completely comfortable with, and he was very inconsistent because of it. Since then, he's settled down pretty well.

He's always been a guy I've been enamored with for whatever reason, dating back to his days with the Pirates. It's pretty inexplicable, to be honest...it'll be interesting to see what he commands in the free agent market this winter, because he's got some nasty stuff -- he's just very up-and-down.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

The only thing I can think of is the franchise has been so mediocre to downright pitiful for so long that now that they've been respectable the last couple years a lot of these casual fans think they deserve to see a win and lash out when they don't.
It is most likely you know this team is better then they are playing. Its frustrating to see a team with so much potential go out and spit the bit. Alot of people like me have been following this team forever(25 years of my 30) and have seen a ton of losing and now that we have a good team its again frustrating to see them let opprotunities slip away, especiallywhen they are products of they're own mistakes. Not to keep going with the child refferences but we all have heard the old favorite "this hurts me more then it hurts you". People boo because they care so much.

In case you are wondering I don't boo I just curse the name of any given player on that day Bush, Fielder, Suppan(shudders) etc.

to the people who say you shouldn't boo, what should you do? what other releases are there? how are you supposed to voice your displeasure? just sit there and say shoot, darn, golly that really stunk? As long as you're not F bombing and smacking the annoying person next to you, then I think you're ok to boo.

Archived