Brewer Fanatic

9/3/08 Mets (Perez) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doug your correct the Brewers except since 1982 have proven nothing and wonder how old marked man is.

Don't compare the redsox to the brewers though very bad anology.

Again why? Their choking track record is much worse than the Brewers.

sargennm wrote:

Why can't the Brewers do the same.

They could. I'm just not confident of it. And I really don't think they've shown anything to warrant being compared to the Bo Sox team's of the past 5 seasons. They have a lot to prove in my book, and until that happens, I'm going to be extremely suspect.

I was at the game on Monday where fans were booing Turnbow...I mean Gagne. I was appalled and I made sure everyone around me could hear me when I said "you should never boo your own team, thats just wrong"

Golly, I'll bet they just cringed after being informed of their improper behavior by you.

Booing does nothing positive, especially for the players players that are doing bad that hear it. It's mostly the drunks that do it anyways. Don't go to a game if your going to get your undies in a bundle because your team isn't doing well. Anyone who boos their favorite team shouldn't call themselves a true fan. Period.

Again why? Their choking track record is much worse than the Brewers.
Because they changed that. You're acting like nothing changed. They've won two World Series recently. Up until that point, the burden of proof WAS on them to win in the playoffs. Until they did, people were rightfully suspect. You're missing a big point though - they actually did it. The Brewers have accomplished nothing as of yet. When they actually make it to the playoffs, then they will have proved something.

once again, what are fans supposed to do when the game is pretty much outta reach after one half inning? sit there and all cheer for the job that he has done the last couple games?

guys get lit up, it happens but fans have the right to voice their displeasure. They spend lots of money going to games, take off work, or whatever.

Well, the Mets pitcher is getting up in the pitch count early again, so lets hope we can actually hit one of the worst bullpens in the majors. So far they've shut us out for 10 innings...

Also, has Hall even recorded a friggin hit this series? My god, he's terrible this year. He has no plate discipline and is just overall nervewracking. And there is nothing wrong with booing when a team is being *stupid.* When you can't win important games at home, when you blow two back-to-back important games on utter stupidity, and then you get a 6-spot blasted on you in the 1st inning, what are the fans supposed to do? Clap softer? Cheer the team on? Should a father scream at his son for failing all his final tests? This team deserves to be booed.

Well, the Mets pitcher is getting up in the pitch count early again, so lets hope we can actually hit one of the worst bullpens in the majors. So far they've shut us out for 10 innings...

Also, has Hall even recorded a friggin hit this series? My god, he's terrible this year. He has no plate discipline and is just overall nervewracking.

Agreed. I've always liked Billy, but man, what happend to that guy. He has played some great defense in this series though

Booing does nothing positive, especially for the players players that are doing bad that hear it. It's mostly the drunks that do it anyways. Don't go to a game if your going to get your undies in a bundle because your team isn't doing well. Anyone who boos their favorite team shouldn't call themselves a true fan. Period.
Here's an idea. You sit quietly if you want. Other people boo if they want. Both can be true fans. You don't get to decide. And it does do something positive. It lets out frustrations, and makes you feel better. It's a sporting event for goodness sake. It's all about fan emotion. It's not a ballet recital.

Besides, booing at the game is scientifically proven to reduce the chances of a disgruntled fan bringing an automatic weapon in to work the next day.

We can still win this game. It's only the top of the 5th, and we are down 6-0, which is quite a bit but not a ton, especially with the way the Mets bullpen is supposed to be hit against. I just have a feeling we'll win this one.

Hall has been great defensively indeed, but he is supposed to be hitting LHP.

That is like saying if you dicipline your kids then you arent a true parent. Kids should have positive reinforcement no matter what they do. Your kid gets expelled from school for fighting, instead of voicing your displeasure you should complement him on his great left hook.

I don't think booing doesn't make one a "true fan" or whatever, but I watch a lot of ball on EI and the MP crowd boos well out of proportion (yes, I know this can't be proved)...there's something wrong there. Where were these people when the 2002 team, a team that deserved a healthy serving of boos, were stinking up the joint? Not at MP, presumably.

TEE JAY i take Offense to your statement about real fans don't boo .your Wrong if the product stinks you have the right to boo them and especially if you have supported them team especially through the last 260r 27 Years of them being a non playoff team.

The Fans have every right to boo whether they buy Tickets buy the Baseball Package or buy merchandise.

The Brewers in the last 2 big Home series have played atrocious in front of the sell out crowds.

Archived