Brewer Fanatic

9/3/08 Mets (Perez) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
Didn't your parents teach you anything right?

What kind of crap is this? Because I don't mind people booing my parents did a horrible job of raising me? Get out of here with that crap, straight up baiting right there.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not a boo'er my self but if you paid to do a job and you perform if poorly then you should expect to hear about it. For your boss a talking to is needed for fans booing is what they can do to show they're displeasure of a guy going out and giving up 6 runs in 1 inning effectivaly insuring a pathetic sweep at the hands of a contending team. This isn't little league, not everyone gets a trophy.

Bush has had good numbers for the last 2.5 months but those 7 wins and good numbers were helped by 2 wins against the Pirates( also had 8 strong innings in a ND vs. Pirates), 1 each against Washington, Colorado, and Cincinnati, Toronto and Atlanta. Not exactly playoff caliber teams. He did do well in a ND against the Dodgers but got thumped by Chicago, Arizona, and Houston
This kind of qualifying is unfair to not just Bush but any pitcher...they're all major league teams and games the Brewers needed to play and win.

I don't think anyone is (was?) expecting to see him start any playoff ("Playoffs?!?) games.

I am not a boo'er my self but if you paid to do a job and you perform if poorly then you should expect to hear about it. For your boss a talking to is needed for fans booing is what they can do to show they're displeasure of a guy going out and giving up 6 runs in 1 inning effectivaly insuring a pathetic sweep at the hands of a contending team. This isn't little league, not everyone gets a trophy.
Well said

Last year, with two weeks left in the season and a slim lead for the AL East, the Red Sox dropped two of three at home to the Yankees and then got swept on the road by Toronto. They went on to win the World Series. Every team has rough patches. Come off the ledge everybody, if the sweep happens, it proves nothing. Let's not forget the Mets missed CC (they won't in the playoffs) and only got five innings of Ben Sheets. That could completely change the series. This isn't a bad team. It's a very good team, that can be damn scary if they get it all together. I would rather seem them play like this now than play like it in four weeks.

Last year, with two weeks left in the season and a slim lead for the AL East, the Red Sox dropped two of three at home to the Yankees and then got swept on the road by Toronto. They went on to win the World Series. Every team has rough patches. Come off the ledge everybody...
I'm sorry. What exactly have the Brewers ever done to earn the benefit of the doubt the same way the Red Sox have?

I was at the game on Monday where fans were booing Turnbow...I mean Gagne. I was appalled and I made sure everyone around me could hear me when I said "you should never boo your own team, thats just wrong"

Golly, I'll bet they just cringed after being informed of their improper behavior by you.

Last year, with two weeks left in the season and a slim lead for the AL East, the Red Sox dropped two of three at home to the Yankees and then got swept on the road by Toronto. They went on to win the World Series. Every team has rough patches. Come off the ledge everybody...
I'm sorry. What exactly have the Brewers ever done to earn the benefit of the doubt the same way the Red Sox have?
I'm assuming your a fan of the team. Thus I assume being a fan you would actually want to be encouraged. Bad spurts can happen to any team. The Brewers, as the youngest team in the league, chocked one season. The Red Sox did it for 100 years then came back from 0-3 in the ALCS to win the World Series. Given that franchise's chokes who would have seen that coming? Why can't the Brewers do the same.

This is the one thing I don't miss about living in Milwaukee. Everybody seems to fight for the right to be the first to declare that the sky is falling, whether it be about the Brewers, the Packers, the economy, the city, whatever.

I was at the game on Monday where fans were booing Turnbow...I mean Gagne. I was appalled and I made sure everyone around me could hear me when I said "you should never boo your own team, thats just wrong"

Golly, I'll bet they just cringed after being informed of their improper behavior by you.

Yeah, I just usually pass quiet judgment on boo-birds.

Archived