Brewer Fanatic

The Panic/Relax Thread

BrewCrewRising
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously Ned is trying to make something happen here (1st game) -- I hope it works, although I am not sure why I'd give Hart & Durham more ABs than Braun.

Brewers

RF Corey Hart

SS J.J. Hardy

2B Ray Durham

1B Prince Fielder

LF Ryan Braun

CF Mike Cameron

3B Craig Counsell

C Jason Kendall

RHP Dave Bush

I would admire this lineup if it said Gamel 3B instead of Counsell.

Ned's made his call in the panic/relax question.

I don't mind shaking it up a bit, but this is a little weird. Hart has a .292 OBP in the second half, Weeks is at .378- I realize it's a righty starter, but still, that's a major gap. Sadly, I bet the people at the Journal-Sentinel blog are rejoicing that Weeks is finally out of the leadoff spot.

Kinda nitpicking, but wouldn't it make more sense to switch Hardy and Durham in this lineup? R/R/S/L/R vs. R/S/R/L/R, I don't know. I never like when he presses the panic button and hits Braun fifth. If you're going to shake things up, play Rivera and Gamel or something.

I'm just glad Gwynn isn't starting in center, I guess.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but this team will not make the playoffs. Forget the last 2 weeks.

I assume this means we won't be seeing BADGERJOBOB on the forum, since the season has apparently already ended for him.

I'm also in the "trying hard not to panic" camp. Here is an analogy that so far has worked for me:

If you compare the 2008 season as a whole to one game, the last two weeks are the single-game equivalent of the bullpen giving up enough runs in the 8th inning to tie the game. You thought victory was in the bag, it's not anymore, and that can be infuriating. But it's not out of reach; we as fans just have to (try to) be patient.

It's not easy, but it's possible.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm also relaxed knowing they won't make the playoffs, and just like last year we have a nice start by the Packers to take the media attention away from the Brewers collapse, only to likely see them also disappoint us Brewers-style late in the year.

I'm also relaxed knowing they won't make the playoffs, and just like last year we have a nice start by the Packers to take the media attention away from the Brewers collapse, only to likely see them also disappoint us Brewers-style late in the year.
And people wonder why this is a Packers state. The Packers are a winning organization, the Brewers, might never be.

Tonight's game is as must win as I'm willing to admit a baseball game can be a must win
Couldn't have said it better myself. If we lose tonight and our lead is gone, I will start to lean toward panic. But I'm trying my best to keep my level head. I hope we don't see that lineup from this afternoon tonight.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

It's just one game out of 162. No one should get worked up about it.

This is one of the biggest regular season games the Brewers have had in years, and I am not even remotely excited. I moved into the "resigned" camp during the Reds series, and it will take a lot to pull me out.

If the Brewers lose the second game, I'm seriously going to flip out. I'm going to yell, scream and swear at the TV, burn my Brewers beer coozy in effigy, change my facebook photo to something evil of Ned Yost, have a few stiff drinks, fall asleep crying into my pillow, and refuse to watch a game the rest of the year.

In all reality, I'll probably just do the screaming and the facebook photo, but you never know...

I'm still relaxed. Maybe I have to much confidence in this team, but I still like our chances.

How 'bout now?

Well, I would not say I'm totally relaxed anymore. But it's not like we are behind yet and we have not been eliminated so I guess we still have hope. But it is very small.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived