Brewer Fanatic

The Panic/Relax Thread

BrewCrewRising
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this thread might have some numbers ot make me feel better, but all I'm seeing are people as nervous and upset as I am!

Jokes aside, the time for numbers-crunching is over at any rate. This team needs to crave its own destiny. Like Rock told BA last night when he lamented that the scoreboard wasn't the Brewers' friend last night, it shouldn't matter one whit. Win. It's simple.

The Brewers need to split this series. I feel better about the last two games than I do tonight. Blanton and Kendrick should be hittable (I guess the same should be said about Bush and Suppan though). If we can get out of here with a split and then with Sabathia and Sheets going against the Cubs and against Pirates we are not in a terrible situation. Obviously, our bats need to start hitting but we have went through slumps all year only to go on a little run so here is my glass half full hope for that. There is a large part of me expecting the slide to continue and for my attention to focused on the Packers in a couple weeks.

What panics me is not just the fact that we're losing, but that the offensive flaws we managed to hide all season are being exposed in doing so. We are terrible situational hitters, and Yost does not understand the concept of manufacturing runs (you know...if your team happens to be struggling to get big hits...). I do believe that the bats will wake up again before the end of the season, but you cannot rely on HR's and multiple-hit innings in the playoffs against Zambrano, Harden, Santana, Perez, Lowe, and Billingsley.
I am not Shea Vucinich

You can call any offense that doesn't have 1.000 OBP, flawed. Every offense fails in at least 65% of their AB.

The Brewers score runs by hitting for a bunch of power. That's what they do and so far, it's made them an above average offense. Like every other team, when they aren't doing what they do best, they aren't going to score much. A team might be great at playing small ball but actually average less runs than the Brewers. Am I supposed to believe that they are a less flawed offense?

And more on topic, if the Brewers lose today.... I'm probably going to start panicing myself. The Brewers had built themselves up a nice enough lead that they could absorb a tough stretch. A Loss tonight and that padding will have pretty much been used up.

How can anyone panic? How can anyone be worried? This is the Milwaukee Brewers we're talking about. Just look at the track record--therein lies our future. "It's the end of the world as we know it--AND I FEEL FINE." When the Titanic is going down don't scream and pray--rape and pillage.

I have actually switched my "hit the panic button" feelings to relax. After last night I was so mad and upset and angry that I go to thinking. What good does that do? I'm just going to be calm, relaxed and know that this team is way to talented to not start hitting the ball and scoring runs. The pitching, besides the sometimes shaky bullpen has been fine. We just need to hit, Fielder broke out a little last night and Braun and Hart are to good to not follow suit and soon. We still have a 3 game lead and control our own destiny. One game at a time, all will be fine. And thinking this way sure makes me feel less stressed. We are right on the brink of playoff baseball, I want to try to enjoy it.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

All we have to do is win one game in tomorrow's doubleheader and we are still two games up. Assuming we do, I believe we've only lost 3 games of our lead on September 1st, which isn't that bad.

Prediction: We scrape out a win in game one tomorrow, but lose the nightcap. Then on Tuesday and Wednesday Sabathia and Sheets take care of business, bringing us back to a 3 game lead with 10 to play, 6 of which are at home verse Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.

Its going to be so much sweeter when we clinch that we had to go through this past week.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but this team will not make the playoffs. Forget the last 2 weeks. All you have to do is look at what we have done against the good teams that are fighting for a playoff spot. Swept by the Cubs. Swept by the Mets. Halfway to being swept by the Phillies.

This team is in an offensive rut but this lineup has had major problems all year long. I still can't believe this team is still even in it when you look at the production of our usual starting lineup. Hall. Brutal. Weeks. Brutal. Cameron. Brutal. Counsel. Brutal. Kendall. Brutal.

When Braun and Fielder struggle, we struggle because Hall/Counsel, Weeks, Cameron, Kendall and now Hart have a hard time getting on base consistently. You can get away with 1 maybe 2 of them in the lineup but not 4. Add to the fact that our manager refuses to sit guys out who are slumping and our potential to go into prolonged slumps only increases.

Hopefully next year with the money we save from not signing Sheets, C.C. and dumping Cameron and Gagne, we will go after and sign some players who can actually get on base and plug them in the 1 and 5 hole at least. We are not staying status quo next year, thats for sure.

This team is in an offensive rut but this lineup has had major problems all year long. I still can't believe this team is still even in it when you look at the production of our usual starting lineup. Hall. Brutal. Weeks. Brutal. Cameron. Brutal. Counsel. Brutal. Kendall. Brutal.
Cameron has had a great year at the plate. His. 842 OPS is a career best and very good not only for a CF but for a MLB player.

I would agree that I'm surprised at how well Hardy, Braun, Fielder, Hart and Cameron have been able to support this club. But the starting pitching deserves credit too as it has been very good most of the year.

I'm really trying hard not to panic and luckily the NFL has distracted me some. But man, this engine won't start and it's getting really, really serious now. I know they got it in them, I'm just waiting for everyone to come together and click and explode. Nervous but still optimistic.

C'mon, you gotta believe! I can't watch a team I don't believe in and I've believed in these guys all year. No point in quitting now. Heart will be broken either way so I might as well believe and hope for the best as it's the only worthwhile pursuit at this point in the season, with everything invested as is.

I'm still relaxed. Maybe I have to much confidence in this team, but I still like our chances.
I'm with you. Someone is going to catch fire, 8 guys don't go cold all at the same time for an entire month.
Yeah, that is my thinking as well. I guess I also just don't see how me getting all worked up can help anything. I'm just trying to be a true optimist about the entire situation. A friend of mine texted me today when we went down 7-2 and said "They will finish 4th in the division and it's over." I told him I wasn't giving up that easy. I have been a fan to long and invested to much time and money into this team to just give up.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I feel as if it's over. Houston's playing out of their minds, and their schedule seems too easy at this point. I could see them going 11-3 down the stretch. That would mean we would have to 9-5, or something like that. I don't believe we will have a winning record with the remaining games. But, good luck nervous Nedley.

Archived