Brewer Fanatic

The Panic/Relax Thread

BrewCrewRising
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every hitter we have right now sucks. So yes I am panicking big time. Luckily it appears no other team wants to win the Wild Card either. What are the odds we actually beat Volquez tonight? Not very good IMO. We have scored a whoppinh 16 runs in our last 7 games. I just hope this is our last dry spell of the year and within the next couple of days we turn it around for our stretch run.

I'm still not paniced by how we have played in september, that is just baseball. I'm paniced by a 3 game lead with 4 games on the road against the primary competition though. I'm paniced that we might win more games than I expected this year and still miss the playoffs.

Panic mode to the point that I simply don't want to watch the team anymore. This is just like last year when you knew they were going to blow a lead, it was just a matter of when.

Oh yeah, the Brewers have 4 games @ Philadelphia, 3 @ Chicago, and 3 vs. Chicago. I am just going to enjoy lead while it lasts, because once it is gone it will not be coming back.

"Ned allows Kendall and Counsell to bat trailing by one in the 9th."

Those kind of things piss me more than anything else because that stuff can be controlled. Yost let his two worst hitters bat because he hasn't figured out yet that they are terrible, offensively. That's the scary part.

As for panic mode, no thanks. I'm just going to see what happens and hope for the best. I'd still rather be the Brewers than the Cardinals or Phillies and so would they.

Those kind of things piss me more than anything else because that stuff can be controlled. Yost let his two worst hitters bat because he hasn't figured out yet that they are terrible, offensively. That's the scary part.

As for panic mode, no thanks. I'm just going to see what happens and hope for the best. I'd still rather be the Brewers than the Cardinals or Phillies and so would they.

That is correct. Despite the crappy play of the Brewers over the past 8 games, the fact of the matter is that 2 consecutive wins by the Brewers coupled with two consecutive losses by the Philles would put the Crew up 5.0 with 16 to play. That said, right now I feel like the fan of a 14-seed in the first round of the NCAA Tournament that is watching a double-digit lead slowly-but-surely vanish.

Kent: Hordes of panicky people seem to be evacuating Miller Park for some unknown reason. Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our posters to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

Professor: Mmm, yes I would, Kent.

I've been worried for years that this kind of stuff would be just enough to cost a talented Brewer team a few games, and a spot in the playoffs. Back when the team wasn't very good to begin with, Ned's strange and stubborn moves were easier for people to overlook.

I've always feared that Ned Yost would be an impediment during a pennant chase. I've never observed his managerial style to be philosophically or logically sound. He's been at the helm for two historic team collapses. He made a fool of himself down the stretch last year with his beanball wars against St. Louis, and I was devastated when he was brought back.

rluzinski wrote:

I'm just going to see what happens and hope for the best. I'd still rather be the Brewers than the Cardinals or Phillies and so would they.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. I feel about our offense much like I did in April and May. They are all playing really poorly right now and there is no way they will continue to play this poorly.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

rluzinski wrote:

I'm just going to see what happens and hope for the best. I'd still rather be the Brewers than the Cardinals or Phillies and so would they.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. I feel about our offense much like I did in April and May. They are all playing really poorly right now and there is no way they will continue to play this poorly.
Wont have to worry about that in 20 days. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I was thinking the same thing about Kendall and Counsell. I can see wanting to preserve players in case you go to extras, but there is no excuse for that with all the call ups there.

Russ, I remember you saying last year with the Cubs in August that you wouldn't want to switch places with them. Turns out we should have. Thing is, Philly has a very easy schedule the rest of the season. Us (debatable), Florida, Atlanta, Washington. We have the Cubs and the Phllies. I know that you would say there is still and X% chance that they sweep those teams to force us to start taking series and make sweeps of our own, but it's still a scary easy schedule they have.

Archived