Brewer Fanatic

Firefox

gbpacker40

I am not internet $%$!#@+% by any means, but what exactly are extensions on Firefox? I hear alot about these extensions, but what is it they actually do, maybe someone can dumb it down for me a bit.

I use Avant now and I know its basically a juiced up IE, but i've always like it. I do have FF on here as well and use it for Kingdom Of Loathing(online game), but thats about it. Am I missing out on something here?

Extensions are a must for Firefox, at least as I know it. I use Adblock to of course block ads, but you can also use it on any image you see. Say someone's avatar is annoying...you can block it with adblock. Very easy. I also use Foxmarks, which remembers my bookmarks and allows me to synchronize bookmarks at the click of a button across any computer I use. At work, home, on my laptop, anywhere. Another one is Gmail Manager, which automatically logs in and checks my gmail accounts on a regular basis for me and lets me know as soon as an email comes in. Another is ForecastFox, which tells me how blistering hot it is going to be for the next few days in the desert here.

There are more I use, but those are my essentials.

Ok I kind of figured. Wasnt sure and thought it would be better to ask. I dont really need any of that stuff, other than for KOL so I guess I am alright and not missing out. I have the 5-6 basic websites I use everyday and thats about it lol...

I like Yoono. It is an extension that simultaneously allows me to check my gmail whenever I want, it has me signed into AIM, MSN messenger, Flickr, an Internet radio, and it can save any picture, text, or video that you want just by dragging it into a box. It also has an RSS reader, so I can have all my favorite news sources on there as well. It also allows me to update my facebook status whenever I like, and I can see other's facebook status as well.

All this in one reasonably sized side panel that I can turn on and off with the click of one button. I'd recommend it.

Archived