Brewer Fanatic

Harley signs major sponsorship deal with Brewers

bork

Included in the deal will be a new Harley-Davidson Deck in left center and an exclusive "Gate H-D" and parking for HOG members.

http://cll.bizjournals.com/story_image/203894-300-0-1.jpg

Link to article.

Edit: Fixed link... if it gets truncated, sometimes you just have to use text over it. - Toby

Only question that really matters is wiill it be enough to sign CC?

Harley-Davidson could have half of Miller Park if it kept that guy in town.

Better yet, how about CC wearing Harley logo on mound in exchange for Harley picking up his contract?

I'm not one with romantic notions about this company or their products, but heck, change the team name to the HOGs or whatever Harley wants, if they will pay CC's salary. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

On a bit of a sidenote, they did mention that the ball would be brought out by a Harley. Was anyone else at the game against the Braves this year when they did this? I was lucky enough to be sitting a couple rows behind Attanasio for this game and definitely remember them doing this. The guy kinda flew up the line on the bike and then delivered the ball when the Bench Coaches were exchanging lineup cards. I remember Simmons turning around and there was a guy standing on the field in a leather jacket. He kinda looked at him like "who the heck are you?"

I think so, though that ticket office is what is right in the way there. I think they are going to have to eliminate that ticket area.

It actually looks like the ticket office is staying there, just that (at least the inside walls) it'll be painted orange instead of the green/beige it is now. It looks like the deck is above the current ticket office.

I've heard from a Friday's manager friend of mine that the contact with Friday's for the Front Row Sports grill inside MP most likely isn't going to be renewed. Again, I can't confirm this, but it's a fairly reliable source. He thought the deal went through next season though, so don't look for an immediate change.

They better include the option for pitchers to ride in from the bullpen on a hog. That WAS Milwaukee.
Does anyone remember the night Graeme Lloyd rode in from the bullpen in the sidecar of a motorcycle? That was awesome, especially for someone of his stature.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I like the idea of the Brewers having a sponsorship agreement with a major company. But I do not want to see motorcycles displayed the way they are shown in that drawing. I think it ruins the ambience of a baseball field.

How about expanding the sponsorship with Miller-Coors and bringing back the beer mug.

you wouldn't believe how many people across America (non-Harley and Harley riders alike) don't realize that Harley-Davidson is a Milwaukee institution.

The seating idea is okay. It brings more money to the team and I'm always for that. The "first ball" thing is lame, though.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived