Brewer Fanatic

6/6/06 Padres(Peavy) @ Brewers(Bush) 7:05PM CST

adamb100

Padres(30-27) @ Brewers(27-31)

June 6th, 2006 at 7:05PM

TV: FSN North

Radio: 620 WTMJ

Peavy(4-5, 4.15)

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/ae784013-ccec-48df-8b45-8d6ff31b39c1.jpg

Bush(3-5, 4.95)

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/20122888-cc42-403e-89c3-4c278cc3a5e1.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Is Billy in the doghouse?

Me thinks we won't be seeing any Brewers leaving their bats at home plate again any time soon. The frustration Billy felt is certainly understanable, but that is exactly the kind of crap you do not need when things are going bad, and it sure looks to me like Ned is taking this opportunity to send that message, and also get Hall a little bit of time off which he could probably use being a guy who hasn't been true everyday player thus far in his career.

So is Jeff Cirillo our SS now? I thought that was a 1-game experiment/punishment for Billy. Maybe Cirillo's B.A. and eye at the plate makes him an ideal number 2 hitter for Yost. If Ned feels his bat and glove are deserving enough to start, you gotta respect that decision.

San Diego Milwaukee --------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- LF Roberts, Dave 2 15 .278 2B Weeks, Rickie 5 15 .289 2B Bellhorn, Mark 4 17 .242 SS Cirillo, Jeff 2 8 .370 RF Giles, Brian 6 36 .280 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 35 .249 C Bowen, Rob 1 7 .385 LF Lee, Carlos 19 45 .266 SS Greene, Khalil 9 36 .232 1B Fielder, Prince 9 33 .303 CF Cameron, Mike 1 17 .245 3B Koskie, Corey 6 20 .274 1B Gonzalez, Adrian 5 20 .253 C Miller, Damian 5 23 .286 3B Castilla, Vinny 1 10 .224 CF Clark, Brady 1 11 .287 P Peavy, Jake (4-5, 4.15) P Bush, Dave (3-5, 4.95) 

I hear about that move by Billy. I would totally understand the benching except that Yost backed him during the game.

"I'm not so sure that pitch was a strike," Yost said. "But, still there's no excuse to dump your bat in that situation and show an umpire up."

Verified Member
Quote:
I hear about that move by Billy. I would totally understand the benching except that Yost backed him during the game.

I think Yost was upset with the umpire for ordering the bat boy to go away and forcing Bill Hall to pick up the bat. But Yost was clearly not happy about Hall's behavior either.

Quote:
I think Yost was upset with the umpire for ordering the bat boy to go away and forcing Bill Hall to pick up the bat. But Yost was clearly not happy about Hall's behavior either.

Makes sense to me. I didn't know the specifics of the whole thing. I just knew Yost got tossed after the ump followed Billy. I didn't know about the other stuff.

I thought maybe the Cirillo start was motivated by the matchup with Peavy but Jeff is 0-for-5 in his career while Billy is 1-for-3 with a walk... not much of a track record either way, although Cirillo did play with Peavy for a while in San Diego.

Interestingly, Geoff Jenkins is 4-for-14 with three home runs and a .286/.286/.929 line against Peavy. He's also struck-out seven times, though.

~Bill

Could it be that Cirillo is really hot at the plate and has a great attitude while Billy is in a slump and pulled that bonehead move in his last start? With the way Cirillo is hitting I can't blame Ned for doing what he can to get him into the line-up.

I just don't understand how the Brewers can be so willing to further compromise their infield defense... Cirillo and Weeks seem to be a historically bad keystone combination. Dave Bush isn't exactly Brandon Webb, but he does induce more groundball outs than flyball outs. Billy must really be in the doghouse.

~Bill

Well, Bush is a bit more of a groundball pitcher than Cap, so maybe we'll get to see what Cirillo is all about at SS tonight http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nice play, Lee. That would have probably hit the top of the fence.

Archived