Brewer Fanatic

Playoff Schedule

Brew Man Dan

I don't know the exact times -- last year was odd because many west coast teams were in the playoffs. This year, I believe the Cubs (team with the best record in the NL) will get to pick whether they want to play on Wednesday 10/1 or Thursday 10/2. The Brewers would then play on the leftover date. The game times are the discretion of TBS.

I suspect that the schedule will change -- it doesn't seem correct to me. It's the exact same format as last season; the NL and AL should be switched. Game 7 of the NLCS is on Saturday, October 18 on FOX -- keep in mind that that game could be potentially historic with the Cubs advancing to the World Series. I believe FOX wouldn't want that game broadcasted on the lowest rated night for TV (Saturday). They'd want it on the highest rated night -- Sunday.

I can't recall as far as the NLCS, but I do know that the NLDS is correct, they both start on Wednesday.

I don't think it's fair to the Cubs. Last year, the Red Sox had a chance to choose which day they wanted to begin their LDS series. In fairness, unless this practice has been discontinued, the #1 seed of the NL should have this right this season. It's only to fair to flip-flop from season to season. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of this, but it has a trickle down effect to us Brewer fans. If the Cubs are given this option, they'd likely choose to start on Wednesday, much like the Red Sox did last season. Therefore, the Brewers would play on Thursday. I can just envision a scenario where we have to watch 12 pm games on Wednesday and Thursday, rather than maybe a 12 pm game on Thursday and a 4-5 pm game on Friday.

I don't think that it would matter if NLCS game 7 was played at noon on a wednesday, it would garner high ratings. Some game has to be played that Saturday night...I don't think they will switch it. But I could be wrong

It would receive good ratings, no doubt. But FOX would be foolish to allow TBS to steal that timeslot. Sunday nights during the fall and winter are the most watched timeslots during the year. It's much better for FOX to show a HUGE baseball game in that slot, rather than showing a couple of episodes of Family Guy and just get trounced by NBC's Sunday Night Football. It's all about ratings -- FOX showed Game 7 of the CLE-BOS series on Sunday night last season. FOX runs the show when it comes to their postseason coverage -- I'd be shocked if it's not changed.

It doesn't look like they're giving any team a choice this season. According to the blog, it says the AL series with the two division winners starts on Wednesday, and the series with the division winner vs. the wild card starts on Thursday.

Oct. 1 (on TBS): Game 1 of both NL series; game 1 of Al series between two division champions

Oct. 2 (on TBS): Game 2 of both NL series; game 1 of Al series between division champion and wild-card team

Oct. 4 (on TBS): Game 3 of both NL series

Oct. 5 (on TBS/TNT): Game 4 of both NL series; Game 3 of both AL series

Oct. 7 (on TBS): Game 5 of both NL series

Oct. 9: NLCS game 1 (on Fox)

Oct. 10: NLCS game 2 (on Fox); ALCS Game 1 (on TBS)

Oct. 12: NLCS game 3 (on Fox)

Oct. 13: NLCS game 4 (on Fox)

Oct. 15: NLCS game 5 (on Fox)

Oct. 17: NLCS game 6 (on Fox)

Oct. 18: NLCS game 7 (on Fox); ALCS Game 6 (on TBS)

Oct. 22: World Series Game 1 (on Fox)

Oct. 23: World Series Game 2 (on Fox)

Oct. 25: World Series Game 3 (on Fox)

Oct. 26: World Series Game 4 (on Fox)

Oct. 27: World Series Game 5 (on Fox)

Oct. 29: World Series Game 6 (on Fox)

Oct. 30: World Series Game 7 (on Fox)

If the Brewers enter the playoffs as the wild card, this means that they would host Game 3 at the same time that the Badgers will host Ohio St. in what could very well be the pivotal game of the Big Ten football season.

As a big time fan of both teams, that really sucks (although I will definitely be in Miller Park, no question). It will be interesting to see how the TV audience of the great state of Wisconsin would react to this scenario, not to mention the many folks who have both Badgers season tix and Brewers full- or partial-season plans.

If the Brewers enter the playoffs as the wild card, this means that they would host Game 3 at the same time that the Badgers will host Ohio St. in what could very well be the pivotal game of the Big Ten football season.

As a big time fan of both teams, that really sucks (although I will definitely be in Miller Park, no question). It will be interesting to see how the TV audience of the great state of Wisconsin would react to this scenario, not to mention the many folks who have both Badgers season tix and Brewers full- or partial-season plans.

Since Bucky/OSU is a night game, it is conceivable that you score one truly amazing Wisconsin Sports day-night doubleheader. Drive safely!

Since Bucky/OSU is a night game, it is conceivable that you score one truly amazing Wisconsin Sports day-night doubleheader. Drive safely!

Yes, The official schedule shows the NL-A (which is #1 seed) would be the night game and NL-B would be day/twilight game, either a 1:00pm or a 3:30 pm start. A 1pm start could afford peoples to make it to Camp Randall in time. A 3:30 start would atleast be able to watch both on tv. Atleast they wont both be on at 7pm.

Yes, The official schedule shows the NL-A (which is #1 seed) would be the night game and NL-B would be day/twilight game, either a 1:00pm or a 3:30 pm start.
Link please!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yes, The official schedule shows the NL-A (which is #1 seed) would be the night game and NL-B would be day/twilight game, either a 1:00pm or a 3:30 pm start. A 1pm start could afford peoples to make it to Camp Randall in time. A 3:30 start would atleast be able to watch both on tv. Atleast they wont both be on at 7pm.

Question: are the game times "locked in"? My concern was that if one of the home teams that day was West Coast (CHC @ ARZ, for example), that they would try to schedule both games at night in order to get the prime-time TV ratings. Like doing NYM @ Brewers at 7pm EST and Cubs @ D-backs at 10pm EST. The only reason I bring that up is that the NBA has done this quite a bit with late starts in the East.

Yes, The official schedule shows the NL-A (which is #1 seed) would be the night game and NL-B would be day/twilight game, either a 1:00pm or a 3:30 pm start.
Link please!
I'd have to type it all by hand off of my interoffice memo. I can do it later when I get home.

Assuming this playoff schedule is correct, does anyone know how the Brewers will determine which game of the NLDS and NLCS each 9 pack holder would have an opportunity to purchase? For instance, will it include different plans (e.g., Plan A would be Game 3 of the NLDS and Game 4 or 5 of the NLCS, with Plan B being Game 4 of the NLDS and Game 3 of the NLCS), or will the Brewers make an arbitrary decision as to which game each 9 pack holder can purchase?

Based on last year, times CDT:

Saturday:

5:00 pm: ARZ-CHC

8:30 pm: PHI-COL

Sunday:

12:00: ARZ-CHC

3:30: BOS-LAA

7:00: CLE-NYY

9:00: PHI-COL

I'm clueless at this point, but the Saturday games will for sure be later. There are only two, so they'd likely be at night back-to-back.

Archived