Brewer Fanatic

9/2/08 Mets (Niese) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weeks scored two runs tonight and went 4-5. You gotta take the good with the bad if you want to jump on him this evening, at least.

True, but this isn't anything new for Rickie. Mental mistakes and extremely costly errors are something you can depend on him to commit. If he didn't inexplicably walk a lot, there would be no reason for him to even be in the majors. I don't know many teams that are allowing a .225 leadoff hitter to stay in their lineup.

Rickie Weeks is such a choker for not getting 5 hits. It's not like this loss also had anything to do with Parra giving up 5 runs in the first three innings or anything. Nope. Must be Weeks' fault.

Well first of all Hardy's error caused one of them to be unearned.. second Rickie only really had 3 hits since he got thrown out on one of them.. and then gave a free run with his alligator arms to lose the game.. so lots of blame to go around but only one player had a chance to not lose the game by catching a ball that hit them in the glove..

Weeks scored two runs tonight and went 4-5. You gotta take the good with the bad if you want to jump on him this evening, at least.

True, but this isn't anything new for Rickie. Mental mistakes and extremely costly errors are something you can depend on him to commit. If he didn't inexplicably walk a lot, there would be no reason for him to even be in the majors. I don't know many teams that are allowing a .225 hitter to stay in their lineup.

That's another thread, that's been hashed out a million times here (with good reason, generally). But he is not the sole or even primary reason this team lost tonight, and a huge reason we were even in it.

I don't want to talk about "potential first round matchups." The fact is, the Mets and Phillies play the Nationals, Braves, and Marlins something like 18 times the rest of the way. If they do what they should, they are going to have their winningest months of the year. The Brewers, although playing many easy teams, have to win these games. We cannot make mental mistakes and errors in these games. With 11 more games left against the Cubs, Phillies, and Mets, a September meltdown is MORE than possible. Every single game matters. Regardless, WE HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO SCORE A SINGLE RUN IN TEN INNINGS AGAINST THE METS BULLPEN.

second Rickie only really had 3 hits since he got thrown out on one of them.
If he had struck out instead people would be complaining that he went 3 for 6. He scored two runs.

And if Sal doesn't let David Murphy get the hit then Weeks error is meaningless, if we want to play ifs and buts.

I know I'm alone in this, but since I'm personally rooting for a Mets/Brewers NLDS (all my buddies are Mets fans here in NYC and it'd be a blast), I was able to enjoy that 10th inning for what it was - great, great fun. I woulda been bouncing off the walls had we won it, but the Mets needed this win more than we did.

Why does this game have to be 100% Weeks' fault in order to be upset that he constantly makes stupid, costly mental errors?

He gets thrown out jogging to second, drops a throw right in his glove that leads to the game-losing run, and then strikes out to end the game. But it's okay because other players are at fault too? No, it doesn't make it okay. Weeks is a complete disappointment as a baseball player. When he took off for third while Suppan was still standing there a couple of days ago, I realized his mental capacity hasn't improved one iota since he entered the league.

Archived