Brewer Fanatic

9/2/08 Mets (Niese) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG. I can't stand Weeks. The guy is just too stupid to be useful. He's actually hit well tonight (for once) but bad fielding and baserunning negate it. He never seems to learn anything. He's like a permanent rookie.

This is your 4th year, loser. Act like it, or get lost.

As a former 1B, I can confirm Rock's assertion that the toughest ball to catch is one that hits you right in the glove. There is a word for someone not brave enough to stand in and take a hit.. I can't use it in this forum so my nickname for Rickie going forward will be "Kitty"

Of course, if the Brewers lose, it wasn't because of anything the Mets did right, it's only because the Brewers did a couple little things wrong. All about perception, I guess.

The Mets bullpen has shut us out this series. Yes, the Mets bullpen, the bullpen that's always talked about as being horrible. Other teams can hit them, why can't we? An error by Weeks is just icing on the cake for the Brewers losing this game.

I seriously hope we see someone like Gamel in for Hall if they bring in a righty. And if it gets to Kendall, he needs to be pinch hit for.

How is that an error on Kendall, the ball hit the center of Weeks glove?

I swear Brewers management must have instructed the official scorer to stop giving so many errors to Weeks. It seems like everything with him is ruled a hit, or an error on somebody else. Probably so they can't point to his reduction in errors as "proof" that he's a much improved defender, when in all actuality, he's still completely awful.

Very nice double play to end that inning. I always get worried when Torres goes out for the second inning when a game goes into extras. Hopefully they can get one to tie it...how about a leadoff HR by Cam? Please?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

well that would require us to not swing at everything to take advantage of that. this is going to be an insanely frustrating loss.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I believe the official scorer's have now "saved" weeks about a 12 errors this year. I agree with Russ's assertion that you can't play harder with a big game but I do think that some players are not pressure players so the good players seem to play better when in actuality they just play the same. Ricky falls into the can't handle pressure category.

Counsell makes that play 100 times out of 100..

And if it gets to Kendall, he needs to be pinch hit for.
You're only setting yourself up to be disappointed if you believe there's even a chance of this happening. Even with all the call-ups, it won't. Once you accept that Ned is dumb and won't change, it's easier to not get so mad - you just expect it.

Archived