Brewer Fanatic

9/1/08 Non-Brewers IGT

And That

Games of interest, centrally timed, playoff odds in parenthesis:

2:05 - Phillies (36.2%) @ Nationals (0.0%) - K. Kendrick (11-7, 4.83) vs. T. Redding (9-8, 4.54)

3:05 - Astros (0.0%) @ Cubs (99.9%) - R. Oswalt (12-9, 4.11) vs. J. Marquis (9-7, 4.52)

3:10 - Cardinals (3.0%) @ Diamondbacks (72.2%) - J. Pineiro (6-5, 4.83) vs. R. Johnson (10-9, 4.02)

7:10 - Padres (0.0%) @ Dodgers (24.4%) - C. Young (4-4, 4.74) vs. G. Maddux (6-11, 4.22)

Phillies lose so they won't gain ground on us today. Worst case scenario is being up 5.5 on the Phillies and Cardinals at days end.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

the Cards-DBack game is quite entertaining. Eight homers so far, Drew hits for the cycle, 2 relievers have been ejected, and the Cards have blown a nice lead. And it's only the 7th inning.

Brewer game was disappointing (c'mon, who couldn't see it coming when they begin the 8th inning with the announcers commenting how the relievers had shut down the Mets for 2 innings) but it may end up being a wash of a day. Kinda stinks that we had a chance to win the first game of every month this season and couldn't do it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

commenting how the relievers had shut down the Mets for 2 innings) but it may end up being a wash of a day. Kinda stinks that we had a chance to win the first game of every month this season and couldn't do it.
Any day where nobody gains ground on us and we get closer to the end of the regular season is a good day if you ask me.

Jose Valverde thought that was a HR off the bat. It sounded good, too.

Thankfully, WTP for D-Lee and the Cubbies take an L. We won't lose any ground to the Phillies or the Cubs.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Phillies lose. Cardinals lose. Cubs lose. Our WC magic number improves by one. As disappointing as today was as a fan, the final outcomes could have been a lot worse.

well let houston win all the games against the cubbies but geez we could have have gained a game on everyone tonight.
Yeah, I guess I take the glass half-full perspective on the Wild Card race since we have the lead, but the Cubs losing three straight seems to have happened so rarely this season that I am a little chapped we couldn't get it done and gain on them a little.

Archived