Brewer Fanatic

6/7/2006 - San Diego (Park) @ Milwaukee (Jackson) 7:05PM

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No errors yesterday, none on Monday, two today.

Errors and mental mistakes are killing us...whether its bobbling a routine grounder or whether it's throwing fastballs down the middle on an 0-2 count in two consecutive at bats, like tonight.

I'd feel better if these guys got beat by the Padres tonight, not themselves.

Well, you should be despite tonight's unusual performance. Matt Wise has been a terrific pitcher since the start of last season for us. Check the stats when you get a chance.

I guess I get overly fustrated with relief pitchers and I am sure that I'm unfair. That said, back-to-back home runs on 0-2 pitches...hard to deal with. I've posted here before that IMO, Matt doesn't really have an 'out pitch'. Depending upon a chance to be that pitch is, again in my opinion, going to be short-lived. Hope I'm wrong, but him in the set-up role is not where I see him being an overly vaulable member of a top-tier pen.

@davego: I feel your pain. It's horrible giving up back-to-back homeruns in that situation on 0-2 pitches! I think sitting next to some of those other minor leaguers circulating through the bullpen this season may have rubbed off on Matty tonight ... time to come back tomorrow angry and kick the Padres out of town with force! :D

Quote:
There's a number of players I'd take before a cheating guy like Bonds.

Ken Griffey Jr.

Albert Pujols

Alex Rodriguez

Derek Jeter

Tony Gwynn

George Brett

Robin Yount

Paul Molitor

Rickey Henderson

Rod Carew

Wade Boggs

Dave Winfield

Jim Thome

Frank Thomas

Don Mattingly

I'm just getting warmed up.

Seriously man, don't be ridiculous. Sure you may not like Barry and thats fine, but if you actually think any of those guys, with the exception of maybe Pujols and ARod, are better than Barry you have to be nuts. There's absolutely no comparison between Bonds and the rest of those guys.

Well,

I'm going to try to focus on the positive. I did enjoy watching Zach Jack (and I curse Brian Giles for robbing him of what I think would have bounced off the yellow pad for a Zach Jack Jack). He kept the Brewers in the game, which is not something you can say about several of the rest of the "Wheel of Pitchers." I look forward to seeing more of him.

Heaven forbid Ned could have had someone bat for Bad Chad in the 9th. I suppose this proves how naive I am. If he's so freaked out about using up both catchers, bring up a third catcher.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Heaven forbid Ned could have had someone bat for Bad Chad in the 9th.

This really bugs me. It's not like he would be pinch hitting for the 2nd string catcher. What's the point of having a backup if you never use it? It's just a stupid psychological crutch, and I'm sick of seeing Moeller bat late in games.

Quote:
There's absolutely no comparison between Bonds and the rest of those guys.

:lol

Gary Sheffield

Dale Murphy

Reggie Jackson

Henry Aaron

Willie Mays

Mickey Mantle

Carl Yastrzemski

Roberto Clemente

Cal Ripken Jr.

Eddie Murray

Nolan Ryan

Roger Clemens

Warren Spahn

Ted Williams

Babe Ruth

Still just getting warmed up ... this might be even more apparent to you if Barry had not cheated for several seasons which gives him the image of invincibility that is not earned righteously.

Quote:
Gary Sheffield

Dale Murphy

Reggie Jackson

Henry Aaron

Willie Mays

Mickey Mantle

Carl Yastrzemski

Roberto Clemente

Cal Ripken Jr.

Eddie Murray

Nolan Ryan

Roger Clemens

Warren Spahn

Ted Williams

Babe Ruth

While I too think Barry Bonds is the greatest player of all-time (and I really don't think it's even close). It's obvious you have a personal vendetta against him when you start listing "PITCHERS" as players better than him. How in the world can you compare Bonds to Ryan, Clemens, and Spahn?????????????? It's completely impossible.

Archived