Brewer Fanatic

6/7/2006 - San Diego (Park) @ Milwaukee (Jackson) 7:05PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Padres(30-28) @ Brewers(28-31)

June 7th, 2006 at 7:05PM

TV: MLB.TV

Radio: 620 WTMJ

http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper657/stills/76rzjz22.jpg

Zach Jackson

vs

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20051002/images/sp_pads1.jpg

Chan Ho Park

After losing eight in a row, Milwaukee looks to win their third straigh againt San Diego to move within two games of .500.

PREVIEW:

Tonight Zack Jackson (0-0, 0.00 ERA -- 2-2, 3.00 in AAA Nashville) makes his first career major league start and second appearance when he faces Padre Chan Ho Park (3-3, 4.26 ERA).

Jackson throws a four-seam fastball, two-seam fastball, change, cutter and a slider. His four-seam fastball works between around 90-92 mph most games. The defense will need to stay alert tonight, as Jackson pitches to contact and has struck out only 39 in 57.0 AAA innings this summer.

LINKS:

Brewerfan.net Series Preview

Milwaukeebrewers.com Game Preview

ESPN.com Game Preview

TRIVIA:

In his first start at Texas A&M on February 14, 2004, Zach Jackson threw a seven inning no-hitter against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. In that game Jackson walked one and struck out eight.

BOX SCORE

GAME RECAP

(added time to subject -TC)

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good to see a game thread started nice and early. I really feel good about this. Park beat us last time, and we should be able to get to him. Hopefully the Crew comes out on a mission tonight.

I've got lots to do tonight, but I'd like to go see Jackson's debut. What to do... what to do... I Jackson was making a debut -against- Milwaukee, he'd have a great game. I'm hoping he'll do great against the Padres. I could go and mark score, listen to the radio, relax. I'd have to blow off some household stuff to go, may upset the wife but she'd understand... Aaaugh!
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I also also going with my trusty BP tickets in hand. I would be plenty happy with 3 runs in 5 IP out of Jackson tonight. Let's just hope he doesn't start getting walk happy. He's averaged almost 4 BB/9 in 104.3 IP in AAA and that doesn't translate well to the majors. Hopefully he can help fix this:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7391/569/400/repl%20pitcher%20summary.gif

After losing eight in a row, Milwaukee looks to win their third straigh againt San Diego to move within three games of .500.

They'll be only 2 games under with a win.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

After losing eight in a row, Milwaukee looks to win their third straigh againt San Diego to move within three games of .500.

They'll be only 2 games under with a win.

Darn you and your stats. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks for the correction. Two games under is definately better than three.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Looks like I won't be going to the game tonight. Tune in to the WSSP Post Game Show this evening to find out why. (1250 am)

Don't be such a tease.

Whatever the reason is, it had better get on the air before we get to about mile marker 282 (because by then we're out of range on the way back to Madison).

EDIT:

Ah, I see. You put the news elsewhere:

p092.ezboard.com/fbrewers...1993.topic

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Park beat us last time, and we should be able to get to him.

Park beat us last time, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that.

7-0 lifetime.

Ouch.

Also of note, Jenkins is .348 lifetime against Park, with 3HR in 23AB.

A little off topic here, but do you have to pay an annual fee on the BP card? I was going to sign up for one, but it had a 30 dollor fee I think.

None that I am aware of. I've had it for almost a year now and have earned about $80 worth of free gas. You dohn't have to gave the card to get free tickets, if there is any confusion.

Speaking of JM Gold, whatever happened to Neugebauer? I know we released him a couple of years ago, but did he catch on anywhere else or did he just give up his career in baseball due to injuries? Anyone with an update on the kid?

I asked Bill Mitchell (BA photographer) about Neugy during the Fall League, and he said it was very peculiar. When in the minors, he'd become friends w/Neugy and his family. But then all of a sudden he disappeared. Sometime in the '05 season, Bill asked an M's farmhand (whom Neugy had been close to) about Nick's status, and he said that even he hadn't heard anything about him in a long time, and they'd been good friends. It seems he just kind of disappeared. I would have guessed he would have kept working at it and given it another shot.

Archived