Brewer Fanatic

Should we have a C.C. Sabathia bobble next year regardless of who he's pitching for?

I'm not sure about that.

However, I do believe if this team manages to win it all this year (at least a NL pennant perhaps) then when CC retires one day we should retire ol' #52 regardless of if he plays elsewhere. He will have meant that much to this organization and its fans.

If we win the world series, yes.

If he miraculously stays with us it would be a no brainer. Otherwise, no.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

If the appeal is reversed and he has a no-hitter, yes. If it isn't, and he throws a(nother) no-hitter later this season, yes.

If neither of those things happens, then maybe. If a valid exception exists to wallus' statement a few posts up, CC might be it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

If we win the world series, yes.

If he miraculously stays with us it would be a no brainer. Otherwise, no.

Agreed. If we win it all and he's a big part of that, he should have one.

I wonder if there are rules against that though if he's on another team next year. Retired players are one thing, but players on another team might be a no-no.

I doubt it is a no-no, as all of the players and their likenesses are technically owned by MLB, not their specific team. That is how minor league teams get away with giving Weeks, Braun, etc. bobbleheads away I'm guessing. Plus when a guy gets traded his giveaway doesn't get canceled (see: Bob Wickman poster day, at least I think that is what it was).
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I doubt it is a no-no, as all of the players and their likenesses are technically owned by MLB, not their specific team.

The Brewers should have bobblehead days for non-Brewers who have never even been on the Brewers, but put them in a Brewers uniform. A-Rod Brewer bobblehead day!

I've been wondering about this as his (presumably brief) Brewers' resume gets shinier and shinier: will we forever be like "Hey, remember when we had CC Sabathia? Wasn't that terrific?" a la the '82 team.

We'll get our first clue on July 7, 2013: CC Sabathia Tribute Night I.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived