Brewer Fanatic

9/1/08 Mets (Santana) at Brewers (Sheets): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a pathetic inning, although we've pretty much had 8 pathetic innings to this point at the plate. Gotta give some props to Santana and the Mets bullpen, though.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Lets guess how the ninth will go: Counsell weak GB to second, Kendall weak FB to right, Nelson K.

It's never a weak ground out with Counsell. Even when he strikes out he strikes out looking sharply. There is also no excuse for Ned to not pinch hit for Kendall with three catchers on the roster.

By a show of hands, has Mota earned back the right to pitch in the 6th/7th inning when needed, or do most people still not trust him?
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Nope. Brewers still in beter shape vis-a-vis the WC than the Cubs are with respect to the division.

That said, it's prety hard to be happy with the way the Brewers have played against any of the better teams they have faced this year other than the Cardinals.

Thank God for the Pirates.

By a show of hands, has Mota earned back the right to pitch in the 6th/7th inning when needed, or do most people still not trust him?

I generally trust Torres and Shouse(vs lefties at least).

Stetter and CV don't make me wince when they enter the game.

Mota, Gagne, Riske, McClung I figure the odds of the other team scoring a run is pretty high. So I'd say Mota is no worse than the other options.

As we head into the home stretch, I may have to revive the bullpen advisory system which seemed to be a hit last year.

Keep this deficit at 2, G-Mo.

Archived