Brewer Fanatic

9/1/08 Mets (Santana) at Brewers (Sheets): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, the Mets bullpen sucks, too.

Now is not the time for panic. If you're going to be mad at Ned, be mad at him for bunting with a hot hitter in Cameron when K machine Hall was on deck in the sixth. It's not Ned's fault Santana felt sorry for us and balked home a run.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Really. This is a bad bullpen. Switching to a new bad reliever isn't some great plan. A better plan might have been to let our only decent reliever (Torres) go against the meat of the lineup, but that's not allowed.
There is really something to that, considering we've been burned by this situation twice in the past week. Meat of the opponents order coming up late in the game and we trot out our 3rd or 4th best option out of the bullpen.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

9/1 - the day it all fell apart
Dude, are you freaking kidding me? Everyone on here needs to get a grip. We've got a huge lead in the WC, we're coming off a huge sweep of the Pirates. Bullpens give up leads occasionally. It happens. And frankly, it hasn't happened all that often in the second half to the Brewers. Chill

We don't really have a reliable arm in the bullpen other than the lefties and Torres so hard for me to complain about bullpen usage too much. Eventually Riske, Mota or Gagne have to pitch important innings and none of them have shown a consistent ability to pitch well this season. Each of them have had their good streaks and really stinky streaks.

9/1 - the day it all fell apart
Dude, are you freaking kidding me? Everyone on here needs to get a grip. We've got a huge lead in the WC, we're coming off a huge sweep of the Pirates. Bullpens give up leads occasionally. It happens. And frankly, it hasn't happened all that often in the second half to the Brewers. Chill

Careful, you'll get labelled a troll by the "we should win every day" brigade.

Perspective is a marvellous thing, but we suck during IGTs at it.

We've got to seriously think about limiting Prince's opportunities against lefties. He just looks awful at the plate right now.

He doesn't get enough time off. Today would have been a good day for it

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Hey guys, the Mets bullpen sucks, too.

Now is not the time for panic. If you're going to be mad at Ned, be mad at him for bunting with a hot hitter in Cameron when K machine Hall was on deck in the sixth. It's not Ned's fault Santana felt sorry for us and balked home a run.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Ned called for a bunt there. It looked like Cameron bunted on his own, since he squared around really late.

Archived