(3) Mets at Home-1-2
(4) Padres at Home-3-1
(3) Reds at Home-2-1
(4) Away at Philadelphia-1-3
(3) Away at Chicago-1-2
(3) Away at Cincy-2-1
(3) Pirates at Home-2-1
(3) Cubs at Home-1-2

My Prediction 13-13 and playoffs (wildcard).

Edit: Removed excess punctuation from title.

No worse than 16-10, or I'll be disappointed..

And for those who think it's "impossible" to catch the Cubs (at least before today's loss), does that also make it impossible for anyone to catch the Crew (which has a better margin than the Cubs do).

I don't think anyone thinks it's impossible, just that it is improbable. And 16-10 would be great for this month against tough competition and to expect it and be upset with 14-12 or the like isn't my thing. Again, I would love .500 and take my chances with a 93 win season.

No worse than 16-10, or I'll be disappointed..
Only way I'll be disappointed is if they don't make the playoffs.

That being said, if Milwaukee goes even 13-13 from here on out, STL needs to go 20-5 to pass us, Philly would have to go 19-6 to pass us. Anything above .500 from here on out, and some other team will have to go on a Rockies like streak. 14-12 is about where I'd lean right now.

I agree razor. I'm just hoping for the top end of the scale. And the 'impossible' comment wasn't directed at you, just an observation that the Crew is in a really good position right now. Just have to power through the line rather than coasting through.

Oh man, this is exciting! If we clinch, what day do we clinch? What do we clinch?

NYM (1-2)

SD (4-0)

CIN (2-1)

@PHI (1-3)

@CHC (1-2)

@CIN (2-1)

PIT (3-0) ... 14-1 on the season!

CHC (2-1)

16-10, 96-66

Brewers clinch playoff berth on Wednesday, September 24

I'd be thrilled with 16-10 for two reasons:

a)It virtually guarantees that we make the postseason with 96 wins;

b)96 wins would make this team the most winning team in franchise history, both by win total and winning percentage.

I could see the Cubs winning as few as 11 or 12 games in September, especially if Zambrano misses any more time, which makes this a really close race. However, I think the Cubs will pull out the division by a little bit in the end.

26-0. Book it.

On a serious note:

2-1 Mets

4-0 Padres

3-0 Cincy

2-2 @Philly

2-1 @Scrubs

3-0 @Cincy

3-0 Pittsburgh

3-0 Scrubs

Yeah, I'm saying 22-4. They should whip up on the Pads, Reds and Pirates. The last series vs. the Scrubs will be huge, and it's going to be fun to watch.

14-12 and the wildcard is my guess. I see the SOS as being a wash, personally.

On a serious note:

Your "serious note" has them playing .846 ball for a month? 102 wins would be great and all but come on. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

0-3 Mets

0-4 Padres

0-3 Cincy

0-4 @Philly

0-3 @Cubs

0-3 @Cincy

0-3 Pittsburgh

0-3 Cubs

It all goes down hill from here kiddies...

Ok for real..

Brewers

0-3 vs. Mets

2-2 vs. Padres

1-2 vs. Reds

0-4 at Philly

I think Melvin and Co. will think about canning Yost at this time. It could happen sources tell me.

2-1 at Chicago

1-2 at Cincy

2-1 vs Pirates

1-2 vs Cubs

Mets at Home - 1-2

Padres at Home - 3-1

Reds at Home - 2-1

Away at Philadelphia - 2-2

Away at Chicago - 2-1

Away at Cincy - 1-2

Pirates at Home - 3-0

Cubs at Home - 2-1

Brewers: 16-10. The pessimist in me says 14-12 because I can see us losing both series to Cinci and either 2 of 3 in Chicago or 3 of 4 in Philly, but I'll go with optimism! We have CC and Sheets going against the Cubs both times, which bodes well hopefully.

And for fun, the Cubs go 15-10 making the last series of the year irrelevant. The Cardinals go 14-11, Mets 16-9, and the Phillies 17-8, feasting on schedule of cupcake quality opponents that resemble McNeese State (18 of their last 25 are against WSH, ATL and FLA). Mets and Phillies have a one game playoff to decide the division winner and the Mets bullpen chokes up the win in epic fashion. Brewers clinch the last week of the season while watching the sleeping giants get slapped around in the desert. Most assuredly Daron Sutton will be excited.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

14-12 still puts us in a good spot. The biggest competition for the wildcard is going to come out of the east because both the Phillies and Mets get to get fat on Atlanta and Washington who have packed up for the summer, and Florida who is fading fast.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Ok for real..

Brewers

2-1 vs. Mets

3-1 vs. Padres

2-1 vs. Reds

2-2 at Philly

2-1 at Chicago

1-2 at Cincy

3-0 vs Pirates

1-2 vs Cubs

11-15 (Wow, I hope im wrong)

91-71 (20 games over .500, not bad at all)

2+3+2+2+2+1+3+1 = 16 wins

I hope you're right.

Ok for real..

Brewers

2-1 vs. Mets

3-1 vs. Padres

2-1 vs. Reds

2-2 at Philly

2-1 at Chicago

1-2 at Cincy

3-0 vs Pirates

1-2 vs Cubs

11-15 (Wow, I hope im wrong)

91-71 (20 games over .500, not bad at all)

2+3+2+2+2+1+3+1 = 16 wins

I hope you're right.

Haha wow , good call.

I was copying and pasting from somebody else, I screwed it up. Fixed now.

On a relatively worrying note, the Phillies and the Mets both have 12 games against the Braves and Nationals, and 6 against the quickly falling Marlins. This race could be tight if we don't get it done against them.
Luckily they have 3 against each other. At least 1 of them has to lose 2 of those.

They are 52-28 since June 1, essentially half the season. That's a .650 winning pct. 13-13 and they'll be in the wild card. I think they'll continue at a .600 winning pct in September. That puts them at 15.6 wins. So I'll go 15-11.

Archived