Brewer Fanatic

Sabathia No-Hitter Watch... Latest: CC no hitter scoring decision is upheld (reply #153)

razzzorsharp

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope he gets it, but I feel like that official scorer robbed CC, the team, and all of us of what could have been a memorable day.

Yeah, even if it gets changed it's no where near the experience of what it would have been had he got the call right when it happend.

It will always be a no no for me. That was amazing and only an idiot would call that a hit. Clearly it was an error and that was stated by everyone at the time it happened. Home team scoreres are terrible and this needs to be looked at in the bigger picture. He ruined this great moment for that man, that team and all the fans. It will still be a no no and just as sweet, but the moment of it was lost because of his arrogant, stubborn and amateurish scoring decision. He had an opportunity to take it back but apparently he being the only one in the world who feels it was a hit was good enough for him.

Do the right thing, MLB and make this a no no and let the Brewers and their fans celebrate it together this week at Miller Park.

the thing is the official scorer is pretty much in a lose-lose situation. He can:

(a) change the ruling himself, which anyone and everyone knows, he won't do just to save face.

(b) watch the appeal process go through and be shamed (a bit) if it gets reversed

© watch the appeal process and, when questioned, he stands firm in his decision. The appeal gets denied but the guy is (potentially) not asked to return as an MLB official scorer next season.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Unreal ruling. I DVR'd the game and replayed it back. When Sabathia "muffs" the ball, the runner is about 40-45ft down the line.

I know and really he potentially could have picked it up again and still made the play. Just an unbelievably irresponsible call.

I have a strong suspicion that MLB will uphold the call. I doubt they're going to embarass one of their employees
They should that call was a joke. Ned was definitely pissed after the game, for once I enjoyed a Ned Yost post game interview.

But yah... sucks that we got jobbed out of the experience by an official scorer.

Announcing a reversal (were one to happen) during a home game could take some of that particular sting away.

Throwing the sixth one-hitter in Brewers history isn't shameful or anything (if that's what it comes down to).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

They should that call was a joke

Yeah, they should, but we've seen the way MLB treats their umpires. Those guys can instigate fights like no other, but still face no consequences. Of course the Mike Winters incident was an exception, but IMO, the punishment was light (a one-week suspension?). However, I do believe that the scorer will lose his job. A no-hitter, especially by a high profile player like CC would have garnered much press.

I really don't think it is as open and shut as many here think. Yes, I believe it was an error but the fact that CC didn't use his glove makes it look like he needed to make an extrodinary play to get him. I can understand that rationalization not that LaRoche would have beat anything out.

I agreed with the call until I saw a replay. LaRoche was nowhere near the bag yet...any type of routine pick up and throw gets him relatively easily...if Nyjer Morgan would have been running, I would agree with the call, no doubt.

EDIT: The link does not show the best angle, where you could see where LaRoche was when CC touched the ball.

Archived