Brewer Fanatic

Carlos Zambrano's start skipped Sunday due to dead arm; leaves after 5th inning Monday

jeffh

And Harden has elbow pain. Feel sorry for Cubs fan's. Talk about a great season about to go south. WOW!

Well, I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

But don't get me wrong, I won't let myself be happy about it, or rejoice in their loss. Bad karma.

Leadheadned, can you provide a link?

Harden's arm soreness was a huge topic of discussion yesterday on 670 AM The Score in Chicago.

Zambrano has not been right since he took himself out of a game on August 3. It's been reported that Zambrano also asked to be removed from the game on Tuesday, as well. Do you chalk that up to "immaturity" or to a serious problem? While I believe the Cubs are safe at the top of the division, I wouldn't bet on an effective Zambrano in the postseason -- remember, he had a bad August and a strong September in 2007. With Harden on the fence ... who knows? If he's not effective, you'd have to think the hotter of the Brewers or Mets has to be the favorite.

ESPN reporting Zambrano has tendinitis in his rotator cuff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3569470

Not sure how this will limit him down the stretch, but it most certainly will hinder his ability to go deep into ball games and pitch effectively.

According to the Sun Times he should be back soon and they don't expect it should really hurt him down the stretch. I don't know too much about what this does to pitchers over all. Can they just inject, inject, inject him so he doesn't feel any pain and pitch like his normal self?

Archived