Brewer Fanatic

8/31/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Pirates (Karstens): 12:35 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have never been so pissed off after a 7-0 CG win. I could have just watched a no hitter but some random guy blows an obvious call and screws over all of Brewer nation and all of baseball. The Pirates fans were cheering him to change the score for god sakes. LaRoche wasn't even half way down the stinking line

dlk9s wrote: Jim Powell said that the scorer did look at a replay several times and determined that it would have taken an "extraordinary" effort to make the play. Powell said everyone in the press box disagreed.
Confirmation bias on the official scorer's part. LaRoche has 223 career AB's. The Brewers could go as far as acquiring a few clips where he was thrown out on a ball to the pitcher, and compare how far up the line LaRoche was at the time. But I hope nobody making decisions that impacts wins/losses spends any time whatsoever on it.

Jim Powell said that the scorer did look at a replay several times and determined that it would have taken an "extraordinary" effort to make the play. Powell said everyone in the press box disagreed.
CC already had made the "extraordinary effort" because he had the ball he just simply dropped it before he threw. If he would have used his glove he would have still had enough time to throw him out, the replay showed he wasn't even half way to first when he dropped the ball. The scorer was just hoping that the Pirates would have got another hit so it would be a moot point. He was just too stubborn to admit he made the wrong call.

I am not sure that the nieves game was televised or not.

It was. FSN replayed it on January 15, 2007. Here's the in-game thread:

4/15/87 Classic: Brewers @ Orioles, Nieves no-hitter

Thanks that was fun to read. My brother and I were there behind the Oriole dugout and were shown on the broadcast (and the highlight video for that year too). I admit I have mixed feelings about no-hitters, I'd like to see the next one too.

Plus, not that they are necessarily overconfident or anything, but CC + Pirates = probable reduced need for lots of runs. Besides, it's not like we have a crap lineup out there.
I'm going to pat myself on the back for my reply before the game started in response to the complaints about having Cameron and Hardy out of the lineup. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Seriously, these IGTs are difficult to read sometimes, between the interminable complaints about the lineup and the pitch count moans. I know it's been a while since we were competitive, people, but if we can't zip the gripes when we go 20-7 in August, are on course to make the playoffs and have just watched one of the most dominantly pitched games in Brewer history, what's up?

Archived