Brewer Fanatic

8/31/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Pirates (Karstens): 12:35 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CC fist pump. wouldn't it be weird if he just assumed that was an error. I am not sure that the nieves game was televised or not. But i for one am going to be seriously angry if some offical scorer costs me an oppurtunity to witness brewers history

Bernman,

Are you arguing that an error by the pitcher should count as a hit?

It was a poor scoring decision when made, and worse upon further review.

Leave it to Pittsburgh to screw their own fans out of the ony remarkable thing they could see at that park all season

Are you arguing that an error by the pitcher should count as a hit?
No. I'm arguing that it was his own fault so I hardly feel like he "deserves" it. I'll take a great 7-inning, no run, one hit outing, though.

What potential playoff matchup will have the most lefties in their probable 4-man rotation?

Edit: As noted by Casey above, please watch what you're quoting. Removed unnecessary part of quote. - Toby

I guess I don't see where "deserve" enters into the equation. Either it's a no-hitter or not, based on the rules of the game.

I don't think guys/teams who pitch no-hitters but give up runs or a whole lot of ruuners in scoring position "deserve" it either, but they still count.

Brian and Bill keep saying the call is unchangeable, which at this point would certainly seem to be correct. However, they keep implying that the scorer had no chance to change it at all. He could have done it soon after his initial decision, especially when that decision was made so quickly.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brain and Bill said he looked at it and STILL refused to change it.

My dad was official scorer for an A-ball club for many years, and he got abuse even at that level, so it's a tough job. But he was 10 times better than this clown.

Brian and Bill keep saying the call is unchangeable, which at this point would certainly seem to be correct. However, they keep implying that the scorer had no chance to change it at all. He could have done it soon after his initial decision, especially when that decision was made so quickly.
Jim Powell said that the scorer did look at a replay several times and determined that it would have taken an "extraordinary" effort to make the play. Powell said everyone in the press box disagreed.

Archived