Brewer Fanatic

Info about Miller Park and Tickets

joelfreak
Hi all. I am a Mets fan coming to visit MKE Mon-Wed for the upcoming series. I have never been to MKE or to Miller Park. Couple questions. Are there scalpers outside the park, or should I get my tickets from Stubhub? Is there any part of the park that is a MUST SEE? For that matter, is there is any part of MKE thats a must see? Forget the fact our teams are competing, I just really love seeing different and new parks and cities, and would love to get some advice. Thanks.

In my visits to MP, I think I've seen scalpers every time. I don't know what their price usually is.

As far as where to sit, I enjoy the club level tickets. Padded, wider seats and you have access to more choices of food and some bar areas. I don't know what kind of choices you will get with the scalpers.

When do you get in town? There is currently a Harley Davidson 105th anniversary going on, but depending on when you get here, it may have mostly wrapped up. As far as other things to do, I guess it depends on what you like. There is an art museum here, but obviously if you live in the New York area, doesn't really compare to what you have access to there. Harley Davidson just opened a museum, that might be fun for you. Brewery tours might be fun, I've never actually been.

The scalpers at Miller Park are a little north of the stadium by Helfaer Field. It is a little league field inside the parking lots. I am not sure what the scalpers charge though.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Looks like there's a Harley street party on Water St Sunday night at 8 PM. You won't see that anywhere else.

I recommend getting to the game early on Monday. You should be able to just buy tickets at the counter for Wednesday's game. You might even be able to for Tuesday, though less likely. You can get into MP 1.5 hours before game time, which would allow you to see your team take BP, as I'm sure you know.

Batting Practice

All are invited to watch batting practice when Miller Park's gates open (please see Gate Opening Times).

12:05 p.m. Start

9:40 - 10:40 Brewers Batting Practice

10:40 - 11:20 Visiting Team Batting Practice

1:05 p.m. Start

10:40 - 11:40 Brewers Batting Practice

11:40 - 12:20 Visiting Team Batting Practice

6:05 p.m. Start

3:40 - 4:40 Brewers Batting Practice

4:40 - 5:20 Visiting Team Batting Practice

7:05 p.m. Start

4:40 - 5:40 Brewers Batting Practice

5:40 - 6:20 Visiting Team Batting Practice

Batting practice schedules are subject to change or cancellation.

A-Z guide of Miller Park

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The lobby of the art museum is good to see. The lake front park(s) that goes from downtown to the north suburbs on both the bluff and lake level (designed by Olmstead) is nice. Karl Ratzch's may have the best German food, though Mader's is a tourist attraction (the plaque over my last table said JFK ate there). Commissioner Selig allegedly lunches at Gilley's Custard on Blue Mound, west of Miller Park. Frozen custard and the fish fry are popular.

They aren't supposed to charge more than face value in the ticket resale area near the stadium.

if you are in town for an entire day or days, check out the milwaukee county zoo. its one of the top 5 or 10 zoos in the country, and it's always a good time. and it's only 5 minutes from miller park and < 10 minutes from your hotel.

enjoy your milwaukee experience... and go brewers! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Also, if you're looking for tickets, many of the posters here (including myself) have tickets for sale in the Trading Post discussion.

Not sure if you know how you're getting to the park yet, but the 90 bus runs right past your hotel on game days and will take you right up to the front gate.

And, although the ticket resale zone is for face value only, that isn't usually the case until well after the game has started, unless you're looking for Terrace Reserved seats.

(linked Trading Post --1992)

The Ambassador has a shuttle service that will take you anywhere in town, and I'm pretty sure it runds 24/7. I'd just have them drop you at the park, and either arrange a pick up after or just cab it. There are usually a ton of cabs right outside of MP post-game.

For the team to police that, they would need to have someone look over the shoulder of everyone reselling tickets. Just watch the scalpers - they call you over, then hustle you over to the fence where no one can hear them. If you're stubborn enough you can usually talk them down. I'd like to see someone threaten to tell the police they're selling them for over face value. From the few times I've been over there, it seems like they're more concerned with getting the resellers to stay in the designated area than determining what price they're selling the tickets for.

However, if you can find the "real fans" that are selling tickets (easy to do - they'll have 2-4 extra tickets instead of 20), they usually play by the rules.

Archived