Brewer Fanatic

Marriage experiment: Separate Bedrooms

Brian the Automator
I would 100% suggest going the seperate blanket route. I cannot sleep well at all sharing blankets with someone. The seperate room thing when the kids get older is a situation I don't want to get involved in as "special time" will need to be disguised much more than need be now with a 6 and 3 year old. As Trwi7 stated, it kinda gives it away when both parents are suddenly in the same room. Being quiet won't do much in that scenario.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to get involved in as "special time" will need to be disguised much more than need be now with a 6 and 3 year old.

My dad used to tell my brother and I, "Your mom and I, are going to be looking at gun books, so don't bother us."

Gross

Although, it probably explains why I am not a huge 2nd Amendment guy.

Being quiet won't do much in that scenario.
Barbs - It would probably save some therapy time as knowing something is happening can be quite different than actually hearing it.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

I don't want to get involved in as "special time" will need to be disguised much more than need be now with a 6 and 3 year old.

My dad used to tell my brother and I, "Your mom and I, are going to be looking at gun books, so don't bother us."

Gross

Although, it probably explains why I am not a huge 2nd Amendment guy.

I just peed my pants.

My wife and I are married for 4 years - lived together for around 7.

We have never used the same blankets. It makes an amazing difference. We have a king size bed - so we each have plenty of room. We have a fan always going at night. (She wants the noise, and I am completely use to it) The noise makes it very easy to sleep together. Plus without tugging on blankets, we can cuddle when we want - and retreat to our own halves when it is time to sleep.

This explains my wife and I almost exactly.

Occasionally I'll sleep on the couch just one night and my wife will get sort of weird about it, like something is wrong, even though we both sleep better those nights. So, I don't think I'll ever sleep in our spare room because she might draw up the papers! But, I'll continue to use my own blanket and occasionally sleep on the couch.

You may run like Mays...

Separate blankets/bedding FTW.

I need some kind of bedding over me, even if it's just a light sheet in summer. In winter one of my favorite things is hunkering down under a flannel sheet and a quilt.

The S.O. has his favorite blanket and that's that. It's actually weird when we travel and have to share a sheet set in a hotel or something.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived