Brewer Fanatic

6/10/2006: Cardinals (Marquis) @ Brewers (Capuano), 6:05 CT

brettac1

I'm making the trek down tonight, so I'm starting the thread.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif If you're in 117, see you there.

I think it's my first one this year. Joe can do his sweet formatting and whatnot. I also expect some series probabilities from Russ. They're going to win tonight - they have to, I'm 1-0 this year.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name			AVG	HR	RBI	SB
1. D Eckstein, SS	.325	1	17	4
2. S Taguchi, LF	.294	1	22	6
3. S Rolen, 3B		.343	6	37	4
4. J Encarnacion, RF	.253	8	29	1
5. J Edmonds, CF	.252	6	33	3
6. H Luna, 2B		.295	3	10	2
7. C Duncan, 1B		.231	2	5	0
8. G Bennett, C		.190	0	6	0
9. J Marquis, P		.176	0	1	0

Name			AVG	HR	RBI	SB
1. R Weeks, 2B		.295	5	18	13
2. B Hall, SS		.272	14	30	2
3. G Jenkins, RF	.250	7	36	3
4. C Lee, LF		.270	20	49	7
5. P Fielder, 1B	.295	9	34	4
6. D Miller, C		.280	5	23	0
7. C Koskie, 3B		.268	7	22	0
8. B Clark, CF		.290	2	15	1
9. C Capuano, P		.154	0	1	0

Yep. Gritty Gary is a Cardinal. Watch as *he* mashes, or otherwise thwarts the Brewers. Most every other former Brewer in this dispiriting stretch of games has...

But maybe not tonight. C'mon, fellas. I don't want to hear the S word on Sunday.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Whom will Daron and Bill heap more lavish praise on tonight: David "sparkplug" Eckstein or Gary "from a different era" Bennett?

My money's on Eckstein... the tiebreaker is that he used to be an Angel.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

~Bill

Verified Member
My eyes are hurting, is that Jenkins I see batting #3? I would love to see the #3 hitters in MLB and their slugging %. Nobody can be lower that Jenks. What's he slugging? .400?

Quote:
My eyes are hurting, is that Jenkins I see batting #3? I would love to see the #3 hitters in MLB and their slugging %. Nobody can be lower that Jenks. What's he slugging? .400?

The Brewers rank 25th in baseball in slugging average from the #3 spot in the lineup at .404. The teams below Milwaukee are San Diego (.398), the Cubs (.387), Oakland (.386), Cleveland (.372), and Kansas City (.369).

The Brewers rank 28th in baseball and last in the National League in on-base average from the #3 spot, a miserable .315. The only teams behind the Crew are the Mariners (.314) and the Athletics (.304).

Putting those two together, the Brewers' 719 OPS from the #3 spot ranks 27th in MLB and last in the National League. The only teams with worse production are the Indians, Royals, and A's.

There are 19 players in baseball who have a qualifying number of plate appearances in the #3 spot. Among them, Jenkins ranks second-last in OPS at 722, ahead of only Jhonny Peralta (who is OPSing a miserable 674). Geoff is third from the bottom in slugging, ahead of only Peralta and Brian Giles, and is dead last with a .316 on-base average.

~Bill

going to be one of those nights that Gary Bennett beats us mercilessly

I called that about halfway up this page. Not that I'm glad to be right.

How is it that the retreads consistently come back to bite the Brewers? Some day they'll be no-hit by Ruben Quevedo or Matt Kinney.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brady Clark just grounded into an inning-ending double-play and was subsequently removed from the game in favor of Gabe Gross. Daron and Bill are speculating that he injured one of his legs.

Apparently Yost doesn't see this as an opportunity to get Corey Hart some ABs and innings in center, unfortunately. I wonder if the preference for Gross is based more on offense (e.g. he's left-handed) or defense.

~Bill

Archived