Brewer Fanatic

St. Louis writer compares Brewers to Ron Artest

PrimeTime955
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AS someone who lives in St. Louis I can honestly say 365 days a year the sports media here absolutely blows especially Bernie's crap he puts out everyday. The cards tv announcers are garbage also. They are completely blowing this out of proportion to try to spark teh cardinals. I also love how Pujols a guy who admires his HR just as much as anyone in baseball and also thanks the heavens after any type of hit he gets got pissed off at a pitcher showing emotion. Plus as much as I like LaRussa he manages dirty as hell, one of the reason I like him is he is old school. Bernie is one of the worst sports columnists I have ever read all he does is complain.

I am glad I didn't go last night but tuesday instead. It was great having Cards fans try to bash the Brewers while they were up 12-0. I got to hear all about their young(29 year olds) talent.

The cards tv announcers are garbage also.

I can vouch for this (for whatever that's worth). Watching this series & the 4-game set before it was brutal. The pbp guy is ok, but the color commentator is as bad as the worst in the league.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Tony LaRussa of course is the man most responsible for the growth of PEDs who still has a job in baseball. Yes I'm sure its just coincidence that he was in Oakland for Conseco and McGwire. And that McGwire took it to another level with Tony in St Louis. And the fact that he had a drug related death on his team. All just happenstance!

Fielder only looks like he is admiring his shots, as his swing takes him over the plate and darn near falls over, it takes him a few seconds to regain his balance, heck he watches his ground outs and other hits too!

If the Brewers are being so controversial, why aren't other market's reporters complaining?

Meanwhile, as someone else pointed out, LaRussa and the Cardinals seem to have issues with about every team they play...

I read this same type of thing on the cardsclubhouse forum and I think it simply comes down to STL fans not taking the Brewers seriously so even though we have a better team than them this season they think of us a big a joke and are really just upset that a team other than the Cubs or Astros are competing with them.

If this were a Brewer a team that is 7 games behind them they would just ignore it all, the fact that it is a team they dont' take seriously who is ahead of them is what is fueling it all.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=789072

Villanueva has fired back, stating tha he thinks Pujols thinks he's above the game sometimes. Yost mentions he'd be upset if Carlos does this again (reads as subtle sarcasm IMO...) and Cameron tells the Cards to approach him if they have a problem with them untucking shirts. Yost also challenges the Cardinals to beat them if they have a problem with this.

A rivalry is born!

Yeah the only homer I remember Fielder ever admiring is the one in Cincinnati earlier this year against (Masset?) when he threw up and in twice in the at bat.

That was freaking awesome. As soon as Prince hit that one, I just started laughing. Awesome.

Yost also challenges the Cardinals to beat them if they have a problem with this.

I boldly predict we will not lose again to the Cardinals this regular season! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Just so you guys are aware....I am attending the Labor Day matinee in AZ tomorrow. On behalf of all Brewer fans I am going to ask Fat Albert why he feels he is the utmost authority on respect of baseball. If you have any questions you would like me to ask him, let me know. I will post a picture of me asking him when I get back from the game tomorrow.

Ask him why he thinks he feels he can watch his homers while his team gets offended when it happens to them. Also ask him why he felt the need to argue balls and strikes with the ump in today's (Sunday's) game against the Astros. That's not classy and is showing disrespect to both the umpire and the game.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ask him why the Cardinals went back to sleep again.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ask him if he feels like they are cheating the fans since they don't seem to care whether they win or lose until a middle reliever gets them mad. Or ask him if they all have Hulk DNA and get stronger when they are angry.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived