Brewer Fanatic

6/11/2006: Cardinals (Suppan) @ Brewers (Bush), 1:05 CT

hawing
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it obvious that Jenks needs to go somewhere for a reliever? There are many teams that need an outfielder.

I just can't believe he is still in the three hole.

Hart to hit for Gross. Hallelujah!!!!

Now, do we see Miller for Moeller and Cirillo for the pitcher?

Ned is no longer managing. Maybe Miller will hit.

Or how about this line, in 74 games:

.262/.309/.437, 10 HR, 38 RBI

Guess who that was. Baseball is a game of streaks. Sometimes good hitters suck. It happens all the time, yet it appears to only be noticed for one player in particular.

This team just can't seem to get any momentum. The Thursday and Saturday games both could've served as springboards to get back over .500, but instead are followed up with ugly losses.

Unfortunately I had to miss the game for my high school graduation and I just got home (Bush vs. Suppan is WAY more important. I don't know what they were thinking in scheduling the ceremony then http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif )

We need to take some pitching with us to Cincinnati, or else it will be a loooooong 3 days.

And in the spirit of jloos's signature, you can't spell Jenkins without a K. We need him to start making contact again.

Tough series overall, but oh well, GO CREW!

Pretty frustrating to have the Cardinals at Miller Park for three, without Pujols, and still the Brewers are barely able to scratch out 1 win.

These teams are very far apart right now. They maybe a little closer than a couple of years ago, but the Brewers still have a lot of catching up to do.

The Cardinals do what they need to do to win, the Brewers do what they need to do to lose.

moof

Just release Jenkins and say good bye. I really don't even care if they get NOTHING. PLEASE, give someone else a chance. Isn't it amazing that the 3 "youngsters" all hit HR's today. Please give anybody else a chance in right.

Nice job by Yost today sticking up for his "buddy".

I'm glad a lot of others on this board are starting to snap when it comes to Jenkins. He just looks clueless up there at the plate. And that's not a good thing for a guy who hits 3rd in your lineup. When he's got 2 strikes on him, I assume a K is coming. I am borderline shocked if he makes contact and stunned if he squeezes out a hit. His power is way down, his D isn't anything to write home about, and he really doesn't provide anything that Hart or Gross couldn't match. This guy is a joke out there right now, and it was nice to see even Gord Ash losing his patience with Jenkins horrible approach vs. lefties during today's telecast. Instead of whining about it Gord, bend Doug's ear and get his butt traded for some pitching help. Pull the trigger!

[ He just looks clueless up there at the plate. And that's not a good thing for a guy who hits 3rd in your lineup. ]

He's incredibly feast or famine. Either it's acceptable, or it's not... but when all's said and done, he'll put up an .800 OPS. I certainly can see the argument against Jenks, but I think his trade value will be much higher when he goes on one of his trademark tears.

But then when he goes nuts, the same posters will be kneeling before Jenks. It's the same old thing as it always is. He was waaaay worse than this last season at this point, then, like someone else mentioned, he went on to have one of the best seasons of his career. I was among those who was "fuddin'" (callback, anyone?) on Jenks last year, then looked like an idiot as he went berserk at the plate for three months. I won't make that mistake again.

And, bucksman, aren't you glad anytime something goes bad? They're not going to deal Jenkins when they have cost certainty on him next season. Seriously. You can keep yelling for him to be traded, but it's going to fall on deaf ears. If they trade him, and I expect them to eventually, it's going to come next year when his contract is more palatable for a team looking to rent.

Familiarity breeds contempt, I guess.

Why would you trade a guy when his value is at his lowest? It just doesn't make much sense.

Also, do you Jenkins bashers remember last season at all? Last year Jenks was doing the same thing and eveyone was asking him to be traded. Jenkins then turned it around and carried this team the second half of the season. All the Jenkins haters then stated how wrong they were for doubting him and admited how valuable he was to this team. We never would have finished .500 last year w/o him.

Now this season pretty much the same thing is happening, just Jenkins isn't struggling as bad. (Hey we wouldn't have won yesterday w/o his RBI) I'd be willing to bet that many of the people calling for him to be DFA'd/traded were the same people who were calling for his head last year. That crow must really taste good to some of you guys, I know I ate some last year and learned my lesson. I think some others here should too.

Just for good measure I'm going to do a little stat comparison. Should both these guys be DFA'd?

Jim Edmonds = .245/.345/.393 6HR/33RBI

Geoff Jenkins = .254/.321/.403 7HR/37RBI

(spelling)

Fine, keep the guy on the team. Don't be whining at the end of the season when the team is way under .500 and Jenks is still struggling. I'm looking to improve the team, and wish I could sit here happy that we're above .500 and have guys in our lineup who are producing. Jenks is killing us. Any way you slice it, he is very lousy up there at the plate and he pulls the same ol' game every year. Starts out the season horribly and comes through at the end of the year when it's too late and we're too far out of contention to actually make a run at anything noteworthy. If you think this guy is going to lead us anywhere, you may need a wakeup call very soon.

Archived