Brewer Fanatic

6/11/2006: Cardinals (Suppan) @ Brewers (Bush), 1:05 CT

hawing
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Geoff didn't get ejected... it sure seemed like the umpire gave him the boot, but I guess not. In that case, good job Geoff of avoiding the ejection and/or credit Ned for intervening to keep him in the game.

~Bill

i've said this before and I'll say it again... the 4 game hot streaks geoff puts together simply do not outweigh the 12 game O-fers he lays.

When Gord got prodded about shopping Lee and mentioning "untouchables", the producer cued a real subtle, effective pan of jenkins sulking in the dugout.

i cannot stand jenkins. his stats are smoke and mirrors.

Capellan's mechanics have been horrible lately... he's doing the airplane/flailing crap after he releases the ball again, falling way off-balance and kicking his back leg way up above his waist on the follow-through. It seemed like Maddux/Castro had gotten him under control and ixnayed that, but he's started doing it again and it messes with his release point.

Nice job getting out of the jam, but he really needs to simplify things and get a mechanical tune-up.

~Bill

Quote:
Just keep that in mind when he's carrying the team in the 2nd half of the year.

That is all fine and good when the brewers are out of the race. I am sick of hearing that he hit .330 with 15 hr's in the second half last year. If you take his full year stats the brewers did not get $8 million worth of production. currently they are not getting $8 worth this year.

Archived