Brewer Fanatic

6/11/2006: Cardinals (Suppan) @ Brewers (Bush), 1:05 CT

hawing
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daron is also doing a wonderful job... today's broadcast is confirming my suspicion that Bill really drags Daron down.
I think the spring webcasts have made that evident, too. Ash already has a major league job, but I do heart Tucson's Ryan Radke.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Quote:
Can someone elaborate in more detail what Tommy Lasorda said to Ben Sheets? I missed it.

He said he talked to Sheets before the game and told him his team needs him. Something like every player has to play with pain, and Sheets has "got the go" and needs to get out there and help his team.

Lasorda told Ben something along the lines of:

your team needs you, you need to be pitching. get out there and pitch. baseball players play hurt. you need to learn how to pitch hurt. it's part of the game. grow a pair.

Quote:
He said he talked to Sheets before the game and told him his team needs him. Something like every player has to play with pain, and Sheets has "got the go" and needs to get out there and help his team.

Lasorda is an idiot. Theres a huge difference between playing injured as a position player and a pitcher. Especially in june. Are we in the playoffs? No.

Get healthy Ben

Quote:
Lasorda is an idiot. Theres a huge difference between playing injured as a position player and a pitcher. Especially in freaking june. Are we in the playoffs? No.

There is a difference between playing hurt and playing with pain.

Nothing like getting kicked out of a game because you suck at hitting. If that pitch wasn't a strike, it was no more than an inch off the plate. I can certainly understand Geoff's frustration, but the Brewers simply can't afford to have position players ejected given the length of their bench.

~Bill

Archived