Brewer Fanatic

6/11/2006: Cardinals (Suppan) @ Brewers (Bush), 1:05 CT

hawing
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparantly nobody sent the memo to our pitchers that Pujols is on the DL. Their offense isnt good with out him...yet, it is.

I dont know, maybe I just really underrate stars like Yadier Molina, Juan Encarnacion, So Taguchi, Hector Luna, Gary Bennett, John Rodriguez, Chris Duncan, Aaron Miles, Scott Spezio, and Timo Perez.

Honestly, they have like 3 guys out there I wouldnt mind having on my team. Rolen, Eckstein (it pains me to say that) and Edmonds (and even he is Jenkins-esque these days).

This is seriously the greatest Brewers broadcast I can ever remember watching... Ash is doing a great job and he's dishing out info like crazy. I love his quirky Canadian dialect, too - the way he pronounces some words oozes awesomeness. Daron is also doing a wonderful job... today's broadcast is confirming my suspicion that Bill really drags Daron down.

They should make this a monthly thing if Gord is willing to do it.

~Bill

Yeah, jason21nl hit the nail on the head. Nothing he's said about the injured players or about Lee is anything we haven't heard before, but he's been very forthcoming about just about everything (only equivocating on Lee and avoiding a question about Dontrelle Willis). The one newsy thing is that Gord thinks Ohka might go on a rehab assignment late this month, which I think is earlier than anyone expected.

Gord talked about the stats/scouting issue in-depth for about a half-inning and he's been sharing a lot of information about the team's philosophy, the things that different players need to work on, the tendencies of the hitters and pitchers, etc.

It's glorious.

~Bill

Archived