Brewer Fanatic

Boras back at his old self

danzig6767

I heard that the players union filed the grievance not Boras. Also apparently Alvaraez stepped in at the last minute because he wanted to get the deal done. I don't know how much truth their is to that though. Would a player really just step over their agent in the middle of a contract negotiation? I wouldn't think so. I personally don't think this will go anywhere and Alvarez will report as soon as the contract is cleared

Considering ARod had to negotiate his own deal, as Boras would not, and Kenny Rogers had to fire him because he ignored his wishes not to negotiate with teams other than the Tigers, and costing Matt Harrington a lifetime of wealth, security, and comfort; any human being that would hire him deserves whatever silliness he brings to them.

Anyone else kind of worried about how big signing bonuses are getting for top picks now?
Not until we start losing and end up back at the top of the draft.

I have to say I am surprised the players union would step in since I didn't think minor league players were included in the player's union. I thought that was the reason minor league players are never in video games.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I sometimes question how Scott Boras can live with himself. He better enjoy his time here on earth because where I come from they say he's going to a very hot place.

I don't think the guy is going to hades simply for being very, very good at his job(espcially one as trival in the grand scheme of things as a Sports Agent). But it's probably best not to go down that road.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

At some point you would think that baseball players would quit using this clown. I realize he gets big contracts, generally, for his clients. You would just think the negative publicity would eventually outweigh the positives he brings to his clients.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I sometimes question how Scott Boras can live with himself. He better enjoy his time here on earth because where I come from they say he's going to a very hot place.
I always question how baseball owners can live with themselves. Their capital expenses are picked up by taxpayers, they artificially keep their employees salaries low and they even get the public to want to help keep their labor costs even lower!

I always question how baseball owners can live with themselves. Their capital expenses are picked up by taxpayers, they artificially keep their employees salaries low and they even get the public to want to help keep their labor costs even lower!
I'm not going to disagree with you there.

Baseball and sports in general is an odd case where most people side with the giant corporation(billionaire/owner) over the little guy(millionaire/player). I always find myself siding with the team as it is more likely to be around for the next 10 years as opposed to the players as they will likely be gone within 6. That doesn't make it any less strange.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Considering ARod had to negotiate his own deal, as Boras would not, and Kenny Rogers had to fire him because he ignored his wishes not to negotiate with teams other than the Tigers, and costing Matt Harrington a lifetime of wealth, security, and comfort; any human being that would hire him deserves whatever silliness he brings to them.
To be fair to Boras, he's not the one that cost Harrington the big payday. Boras took over for Tommy Tanzer, who is the guy who blew the $4 million payday from the Rockies. When Harrington got drafted for the 2nd time, the Padres offered $1.2 million, which was not close to the $4.95 million the Harrington family originally wanted. Boras had Harrington play in independent ball and he was terrible and the Padres took the offer off of the table. At some point, Harrington or his family had to take some responsibility. Boras had little to do with it, Harrington just wasn't any good and overplayed his hand.

For all of Boras's failures (really only 3 that I'm aware of: A-Rod, Rogers, and Sheffield- plus were they really failures? A-Rod got an even bigger contract than he previously had and Rogers and Sheff weren't interested in maximizing their value), there are plenty of successes. Look at what he did for Hochevar, he got him more than $1 million more plus the prestige of being the #1 pick. He got a badly declining Zito the largest contract ever for a pitcher (to that point). He had JD Drew opt out of a contract that many people thought already paid him too much but he got him even more. He's an unsavory character, that's for sure, but he does tend to get results.

Lets play the "IF" game...

If Boras was a team...he'd be the Yankees charging 3500 a ticket in his new stadium

If Boras was a politician...he'd be Pol Pot surrounded by mounds of skulls

If Boras was a character from literature...he'd be Ebenezer Scrooge

but really why as fans do we give into greed, especially given the economic times. I'd love to see a well organzied, effective boycott of the MLB. Alas, we do not have the wherewithal of the rich and successful. That's why we are the underlings.

Lets play the "IF" game...

If Boras was a team...he'd be the Yankees charging 3500 a ticket in his new stadium

If Boras was a politician...he'd be Pol Pot surrounded by mounds of skulls

If Boras was a character from literature...he'd be Ebenezer Scrooge

but really why as fans do we give into greed, especially given the economic times. I'd love to see a well organzied, effective boycott of the MLB. Alas, we do not have the wherewithal of the rich and successful. That's why we are the underlings.

I think we saw this a little bit last year when A-Rod was a FA and Boras said somethings about how much he was going to get and that he wouldn't be a yank, blah, blah, blah. Well A-Rod didn't get what he was asking and he still is a Yankee.

Oh and Boras's "scouts" are the biggest idiots I have ever met in my life!

Pioneers3 wrote:

I think we saw this a little bit last year when A-Rod was a FA and Boras said somethings about how much he was going to get and that he wouldn't be a yank, blah, blah, blah. Well A-Rod didn't get what he was asking and he still is a Yankee.

Yes ARod only improved upon the highest paid contract in baseball history. Boy that Boras was such a fool!

Well now these shenanigans are costing Eric Hosmer, as MLB has ordered him to stop playing because his contract was actually sent it or signed after Alverez's was. To me, Alverez is being a complete jerk. You just got $6 million dollars, and you are still complaining. Now, his childish behavior is costing someone who has no business being involved. If I were Hosmer, I would drop Boras instantly because this is just further evidence he cares more about money than his clients.

Pioneers3 wrote:

Yes ARod only improved upon the highest paid contract in baseball history. Boy that Boras was such a fool!

Not the Point, he didn't get the money Boras said he would by becoming a FA and A-Rod did it with out Boras...

Archived