Brewer Fanatic

The "Bandwagon Fan" Thread

jaybird2001wi

I know that the main goal of going to games is having fun while being there, win or lose. but it bugs me when the brewers are losing and the camera goes on the fans and they are having a ball like the crew is up 10. I want people to be like me, and crushed that they are losing..

I also hate when people try to start the wave, leave or come back to seat during an inning.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I can't get too "know it all" on the people who think Tony Gwynn Jr should be an everyday player. The Brewers scouting department and front office made him a second round pick. They're just as guilty for being blinded by the name Tony Gwynn as those 'casual' fans.

I've only been intensely following the Brewers since 2005. Before that, it wasn't that I didn't support the Brewers, I just didn't care about baseball.

Baseball is now my favorite sport to follow because of the heavy statistical nature of the game. It's like poker, except it's a sport.

I guess I can't get too "know it all" on the people who think Tony Gwynn Jr should be an everyday player. The Brewers scouting department and front office made him a second round pick. They're just as guilty for being blinded by the name Tony Gwynn as those 'casual' fans.
At the time he was drafted they probably thought he would grow and develop some power. Since then we have had enough time to discover that he probably won't.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Yeah, it is that its harder to go to a game on a whim as I was able to do just two years ago. But that excites me. What is frustrating, is that I have a friend who works for Pizza Shuttle who gets season tickets. She gets tickets from Shuttle fairly often and after years of being a "diehard" Cubs fan loves the Brewers. I'm fine with the transistion, but the fact that she acts like she knows everything about every situation it drives me nuts. She gets on Yost's case whenever a pitcher is pulled in any situations, and won't take the time to educate herself about the game, rather find a scapegoat for anything that goes wrong. I still find myself wondering if she thinks a single team has gone 162-0 based on her knowledge of the game. Yet, she still claims she's one of the biggest baseball fans in town.

On the other hand, I do have a lot of newbie fan friends that have followed the Brewers for the past few years, and as big of fans they've become, still show no shame in asking me or others questions about the game itself. Whether it be "why'd they bunt there?" or "why'd they pull Sheets after 6 when he hasn't given up a run?" and I really appreciate that and will explain it to em without feeling like they are bandwagon fans or more importantly, idiots to the game.

The people that bug me are the former that hate Pujols for no reason other than he's a great ballplayer with what some think has a hilarious last name, hate the Cubs when in reality it's their fans that make me hate the organization, or some reliver because everytime he pitches he's lights out with the rare case he's lit up and then he should be traded or sent down. That really gets me hot and bothered. Otherwise I have no problems with people excited that they're hometown baseball team is doing well.

I know I wasn't a Packers fan until 7th or 8th grade and only followed the Bucks a few years in the early 2000's. It's hard to root for any team unless you truly love the sport. I can't blame anyone for not following a team that's better known for losing than winning. See the Tampa Bay Ray's Attendance Thread.

Archived