Brewer Fanatic

06/12/06 Brewers (Jackson) @ Reds (Harang) 6:10pm CST

JoeH33

Jenkins is obviously struggling but do we need 10 posts about how much he SUXS every time he Ks?

Ten? No. One might be nice, 2 would be good if you missed the first, 3 would be funny and 4 would just be repetitive. I think 3 times.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, those numbers were interesting but I'd love to see the really high-tech stuff they're doing with cameras and radar guns and stuff that measures the trajectory of the ball, the jump a fielder gets, and his speed tracking the ball.

I don't think a lot of teams have that stuff yet http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
The point is to criticize Jenkins for the right things. Jenkins had a great year last year and still struck out 138 times. Adam Dunn leads the league in Ks and he's a great player.

Jenkins is obviously struggling but do we need 10 posts about how much he SUXS every time he Ks

First of all, Dunn has less K's than Jenkins, so I'm not sure how he leads the league.

Secondly, then how about criticizing Jenks for having the lowest BA in our order? For being almost completely non-productive in a big RBI spot in the lineup? For being almost useless against any given left-handed pitcher? Or for doing this all while being the 3rd highest paid player on our team, with obviously high expectations of him?

These all seem like valid criticisms to me.

Quote:
I don't think a lot of teams have that stuff yet http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't know how many teams are doing it, but there are at least a handful and MLB Advanced Media is actually doing it, too. Last I heard, the plan was to start making some of the data available next season and then go from there. Alan Schwartz discussed this a bit in his book The Numbers Game and there have been a few newspaper/journal articles on the subject.

C'mon, Derrick!

~Bill

Brewers win!

Congratulations to Zach Jackson for his first career victory. He earned it here in this ballpark against the Reds. No walks for Jackson.

Good job Shouse and Turnbow, also. Nice to see our Pen starting to settle down a bit.

Fewsh...I get the feeling we escaped there. Sure would like to see Turnbow get through an inning in less than 20 pitches someday. If I'm Nedley, I'm thinking about giving Kolb a look in the closer role the next time Turnbow blows a save and costs us a game.

Anyone else get nervous when they showed Winklesas warming up in the pen in the 9th? THey showed him in the Reds broadcast and I just about spit up my beer to yell in disgust.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

For being almost completely non-productive in a big RBI spot in the lineup?

Jenkins has done just fine w/RISP position this year. Of course, that fact doesn't fit into the pitch fork mentality of some people on these boards so it get's ignored. Jenkins is obviously struggling right now. I just don't see the point in frothing at the mouth and making a million posts about it every time he makes an out.

Time to take a step back and get some perspective.

Archived