Brewer Fanatic

06/12/06 Brewers (Jackson) @ Reds (Harang) 6:10pm CST

JoeH33
Quote:
Geoff Jenkins is OPSing .432 through almost half of June. AND HE'S STILL BATTING THIRD!!!

I'll agree with you there, I don't think he needs to be benched/DFA'd etc. as some are saying, but it definately wouldn't hurt to move him down to the 6th-7th spot to work out of this slump.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Yes, people need to get help for their fascination with batting orders. They aren't NEARLY as important as people apparently think they are.

I don't think there's any reason to have a guy who's slumping batting in a big RBI slot though. If you have guys like Rickie/Brady/Cirillo/Hall who all do a decent job of getting on base in the 1/2 spot, you want someone who's seeing the ball well so that you have a better shot at getting those guys in.

Zack Jack is scaring me. Brand new fill-in pitchers don't just come in for us and be solid. We need to get Ben Hendrickson back in there before the sky falls on Zack. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I don't put a lot of stock in who bats leadoff, or who bats second, or who bats third.

But Jenkins is stealing at-bats from someone--anyone--who could be hitting better.

The difference in number of PAs for a #3 hitter versus a #6 or #7 hitter is enough to justify the "fascination", and I'm only advocating moving Jenks down the order until he heats up (which I know he will at some point). I'm not saying we should bench him or flat-out platoon him.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Batting w/ RISP

Jenkins - 288/.355/.500 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Lee - .290/.422 /.597 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

They've both done quite well with RISP. Lee has obviously been better, but Jenkins hasn't been nearly as bad as I'm sure you hoped.

Lol......this is perfect. We're in the middle of a Jenks with RISP arguement and now we got a man on 1st/2nd w/ no one out, and none other than Mr. Jenkins at the plate.

This should be interesting.

edit: oooo wild pitch, now two men in scoring position.

Quote:
I'm developing quite the man-crush on Zack Jackson. If he keeps this up, it's going to be real hard to send him back to AAA when Helling comes back.

We have PLENTY of relievers that I would be more than content to send down. I think Helling and Jackson (if he keeps it up) will probably fill in for Sheets and Okha until one of them gets off the DL. After that, I don't know. I'd love to see Jackson stay on the 25-man more than some of the relievers we have. Then again, it's probably not in his best developmental interests to just be sitting in the bullpen for the rest of the season.

Now I'll wait for the numbers....

I already gave them to you and they are good.. Of course, if you want to criticize a guy for something, shouldn't you at least look them up first to make sure it's even true?

I don't think there's any reason to have a guy who's slumping batting in a big RBI slot though.

I would have no problem if he gets moved down. I just know it's not nearly as important as some think. The irony is that Jenkins has done well with runners on and in many clutch situations this year.

Then again, it's probably not in his best developmental interests to just be sitting in the bullpen for the rest of the season.

And that's my concern as well. It's going to be hard to send him back to the minors at some point if he keeps this up and the injured pitchers start coming back.

Credit here for Jenks...(hold on, Edmonton just scored...gotta high-five the kid http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif )...

Not many guys are alert enough to move up on a fly ball to the abyss like that. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived