Brewer Fanatic

06/12/06 Brewers (Jackson) @ Reds (Harang) 6:10pm CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do I need to say how bad CLee sucks? I don't think so. After Jenkins got a big BB in the first making it a 1st and 2nd with 1 out situation, that loser Carlos hit into a double play. But heck, he's only costing us $53159038015 per double play this year.

I'll give a guy with 20 HR and 50 RBI a little more slack than a guy who leads the NL in strikeouts and K's in essentially every RISP opportunity. Oh, and do I need to mention he has a comparable salary to Carlos? Didn't think so...

Quote:
Of course people weren't here praising him for his nice AB and walk his first time up.....

I wasn't home. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Quote:
Or knocking Carlos for his AB

Carlos Lee is OPSing .997 this month, and .921 for the season, a good .150 better than Jenkins for the season, and about .550 better than Jenkins this month.

Jenkins had a 22-74 K-BB ratio entering tonight's game.

Lee's is 29-22.

Seriously, do you think it's fair to compare the two?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
Seriously, do you think it's fair to compare the two?

I don't think anyone in their right mind would compare the two right now. But you could have said the same thing post ASB last season. Thats how much better Jenks was than Carlos.

I'll give a guy with 20 HR and 50 RBI a little more slack than a guy who leads the NL in strikeouts and K's in essentially every RISP opportunity

Jenkins RISP 2-outs: .417/.500/.792, 1.292 OPS, 16 RBI, 6K

Lee RISP 2-outs: .233/.439/.467, .906 OPS, 11 RBI, 2K.

Interesting?

Quote:
Does reaching on an error raise your OBP or does it just count as if you made an out.

I am almost positive that it just counts towards your OBP as making an out. They score it as if you never reached base.

I'll give a guy with 20 HR and 50 RBI a little more slack than a guy who leads the NL in strikeouts and K's in essentially every RISP opportunity.

Despite his struggles, Jenkins is still batting .288 with RISP and has a .855 OPS in that situation. Don't let facts get in your way, however. Keep up the ignorant rants!

That was big from Brady there, gotta get that SF/RBI before the pitchers spot comes up.

On another note, I really like Brady in the 8 hole. He does a really good job of getting on base which is a great benefit batting 8th as it gets the pitchers out of the way for the next inning.

Geoff Jenkins is OPSing .432 through almost half of June. AND HE'S STILL BATTING THIRD!!!

Seriously, does anything else need to be said?

Yes, people need to get help for their fascination with batting orders. They aren't NEARLY as important as people apparently think they are.

Archived