Brewer Fanatic

06/12/06 Brewers (Jackson) @ Reds (Harang) 6:10pm CST

JoeH33
Quote:
Youknowyouknowyouknow?

I couldn't stop laughing at that. I think we found the only one who uses "you know" more than Rickie Weeks.

Not picking on the guy, he probably isnt use to giving many TV interviews.

Edit: Forgot to add congrats to the young man! #1 of many to come.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Jenkins has done just fine w/RISP position this year. Of course, that fact doesn't fit into the pitch fork mentality of some people on these boards so it get's ignored. Jenkins is obviously struggling right now. I just don't see the point in frothing at the mouth and making a million posts about it every time he makes an out.

Time to take a step back and get some perspective.

I have made my points of why I am frustrated with Jenkins. (Jenks actually leads the NL in strikeouts, by the way). When players aren't productive anymore, they should spend some time on the bench. Not continue to bat #3 (supposedly reserved for a team's best hitter). I don't want to toss Jenkins into a river or anything. The fact of the matter is, he's just not getting it done right now, and he needs to spend some time in the batting cage figuring it out, not on the field where it's hurting the team. Maybe he figures it out in the 2nd half and goes on a tear, I sure hope so. But I hate seeing him continuously go out and do basically nothing when we have young outfielders on the bench and in the minors waiting for their shot.

Take Brady Clark, for example. He struggled at the beginning of the season, and of course, people criticized his performance. So Yost moved him out of the leadoff spot and tried him somewhere else. When that still didn't work, he gave him some time off and gave Gross a few starts. Then Clark worked his way back in, got comfortable in the 8-spot, and seemingly found it again. Jenkins should be held to the same standard. Just because he gets paid a lot and we expect more out of him isn't reason to be stubborn and continue to throw him out there every single day in the hopes that he will suddenly put it together.

Woot! Some of the best at-bats of the season for 'Rillo and Weeks there in the 8th...they were both really dialed in.

Could this be a possible "springboard" win? There have been oppurtunities for springboard wins twice before tonight in this week alone (the comebacks against the Padres on Thursday and Cardinals on Saturday), but both games were followed up by disappointing losses.

I'm hoping one of these wins like tonight will really help these guys get on track, not merely provide a quick spark of great, error-free baseball before going back to subpar performances.

Very nice win tonite.

I really really like this Zach Jack character! Hopefully he doesn't get really easy to hit after batters have seen him a couople of times though...

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/06/12/fLaJHt4a.jpg

Woah! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

It's all about getting the "W".

Good gracious we're going to start splitting hairs, huh?

Jackson hits by inning:

0, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 2

No. Walks.

What we fear (and rightly so) in the Midwestern Coors Field is the omnipresent threat of the 3-run demoralizing Dunn bomb, or any of their other Rob Deer types swinging for a 5-bagger...

So, aside from the 5th, ZJ did what he had to do - give us a chance to win. No, he didn't have a great game. He most certainly had a good game.

I'll gladly give up 4 HRs to the Reds if it only means 5 runs.

No, I meant he had a good game, period.

7 innings and 5 ER counts as a quality start when you factor in the "Adjusted Ballpark Offensive Proficiency / Defensive Deficiency Value" of your home/away match-ups.

ABOPDDVs can be found at:

www.31-34rather than30-35.com

I can't believe you didn't consider that.

Archived