Brewer Fanatic

06/12/06 Brewers (Jackson) @ Reds (Harang) 6:10pm CST

JoeH33

Milwaukee Brewers

Zach Jackson - (0-0, 2.45 ERA)

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper657/stills/76rzjz22.jpg

This is Jackson's First start vs. Cincinnati

Jackson scattered 10 hits in his first Major League start and surrendered four runs, just two of them earned, in a start that finally gave the Brewers some hope about the back end of their rotation. Before Jackson's quality start against the Padres, the Brewers had used three others in place of injured starters Ben Sheets and Tomo Ohka with no success. (MLB.com)

@

Cincinnati Reds

Aaron Harang - (7-4, 3.72 ERA)

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/baseball/HARANG-AARON-CNR-1.JPG

Harang's Splits vs. Milwaukee

Harang pitched 5 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs on eight hits with one walk and striking out three, in the Reds' 7-4 win at St. Louis on Wednesday. The right-hander was cruising until he hit a wall with two outs in the bottom of the sixth. St. Louis scratched out five straight hits and scored three runs to chase him out of the game. (MLB.com)

General Information

TV - FSN North

Radio - AM 620 WTMJ

Online - MLB.com GameDay, ESPN.com GameCast

Game Information

MLB.com Preview

Cincinnati Reds Fan Site

Cincinnati Reds Official Site

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I won't be able to catch probably about the first 4 innings of the game, but as soon as I get home, I'm looking forward to turning on the TV, and seeing a 4-0 Brewers lead....and especially looking forward to actually seeing what kind of stuff Zach JacK has got.

Harang is not quite the Brewer killer Suppan was before last night, but he did throw a complete game shutout on April 23 against the Brewers. On three days rest. I also remember sitting at Miller Park in 2004 and watching him throw a complete game shutout against the Brewers. So I always cringe when I see him on the mound.

Hopefully the Brewers continue exercising demons tonite and knock him out of the game by the 4th inning.

Jackson went right after the Padres in his last start (10 hits, only 1 or 2 walks). I think the Reds lineup might rattle him a bit more, and he could give up a few early walks, and that ever popular Cincinnati Reds 3-run homer. I just don't think he will be as good today (please let me be wrong).

I say let Jenks sit today, as days off during slumps usually treat him well. Let Hart get the start in right and put him in the 7-hole with Billy Hall 3rd in the order.

It looks like our bats are going to need to do most of the work this series, and in the words of Jim Powell, the bats can "carry around the pitching for a couple more weeks."

Let's get this series off on the right foot. GO CREW!

Edit: I said season. I meant series.

Milwaukee Cincinnati --------- ---------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 6 19 .296 3B Freel, Ryan 4 13 .275 SS Hall, Bill 15 34 .279 SS Lopez, Felipe 6 24 .285 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 37 .250 CF Griffey, Ken 11 35 .287 LF Lee, Carlos 20 50 .274 1B Aurilia, Rich 7 24 .254 1B Fielder, Prince 10 35 .296 LF Dunn, Adam 20 37 .230 3B Koskie, Corey 7 22 .264 RF Kearns, Austin 12 38 .278 C Miller, Damian 5 23 .275 2B Phillips, Brandon 7 38 .304 CF Clark, Brady 2 15 .287 C Ross, David 7 19 .338 P Jackson, Zach (0-0, 2.45) P Harang, Aaron (7-4, 3.72) 

No change in the lineup. Reds keeping their leftys in the lineup against a rookie lefthander.

Ned putting Jenkins in the three hole is getting ridiculous in my opinion. I'm confident that Jenkins will turn it around, but can't he get it going at the bottom of the order. Torre put Giambi at the bottom of the order a few years ago when he was going through a slump similar to Jenkins, why can't Ned do the same?

I don't konw if its some kind of feeling of loyalty towards Jenks or what, it just doesn't make any sense to me. I would think if anything moving Jenks down in the order may motivate him to concentrate even more at the plate and perhaps get this thing turned around.

Right now it just seems Ned is being stubborn, wanting to prove to everyone that Jenks is a #3 hitter. I believe Jenks can be a decent #3 hitter, but putting him in that spot during a slump is just dumb. Move him down to the seventh or eighth spot. Its a no brainer.

Jenkins sitting??? That would be a laugh. No way Ned is going to sit his old "buddy". Remember the 3 spot is for the teams best player. Ned said this last year.

It is ok for Jenkins to complain to ump but not Hall. Yost, you are as bad as Jenkins-- two peas in a pod.

It is a no brainer to everybody but Ned-- the brainless.

If Ned put the names in a hat, he would do a better job. Plus Jenkins might not even get his name pulled. I am sure Ned would set it up some way for Jenkins to be automatic in the 3 spot.

I also don't like Clark playing tonight. He still looked bad yesterday on his one swing. He should be out for another night.

Quote:
Jenkins sitting??? That would be a laugh.

I don't think Jenkins needs to sit, just move him down in the order so that he can work out of his slump where it won't hurt our offense as much.

I know Jenkins has had a lot of success in the Reds ballpark. But still, I don't like this at all. It's almost like there is no accountability for poor performance.

Jenkins sitting??? That would be a laugh. No way Ned is going to sit his old "buddy".

I love how somewhere out of the blue Jenkins is now Ned's 'buddy' because somebody on the internet thinks so.

When a guy is stinking it up as bad as Jenkins is and still continues to be in the lineup everyday and for some odd reason stays in the best hitters' position in the order (3rd) it isn't out of the realm of thinking to call the player a "buddy" of the manager. That's a big reason why myself and others called Wes Helms Ned's "buddy." Helms did nothing to merit starting, yet for some reason got to play and stunk it up. Jenkins is killing this lineup right now and there's no end in sight for his slump with the way he looks up there batting clueless swinging at balls in the dirt and surprising us all when he doesn't strikeout.

Anyone watching this pregame show?

I am glad that Bill Schroeder knows how to grill a chicken, but why doesn't FSN focus on baseball. I would rather see a candid interview with Ned Yost about why he continues to let Jenkins bat third and stay in the lineup against lefties.

This isn't the Food Network.

When a guy is stinking it up as bad as Jenkins is and still continues to be in the lineup everyday and for some odd reason stays in the best hitters' position in the order (3rd) it isn't out of the realm of thinking to call the player a "buddy" of the manager.

So when Carlos was sucking it up in the 2nd half of the season last year and hitting in the cleanup spot, it was perfectly ok to say that the only reason that continued was because he was Ned's 'Buddy,' right?

Helms did nothing to merit starting, yet for some reason got to play and stunk it up.

Helms actually was Ned's friend, and didn't start everyday since early 2004. I fail to see how that proves your point.

This is just another example of people who just need to complain about something. Everyone wants the brewers to win but jenkins is just a good punching bag. Where were all of you last year when Lee was just as worthless after the all star break and even this year at times. He isnt exactly hitting 320. He just does enough to stay around 275 and hits a bomb here and there. I just dont get it.

This is all about touchy feely-- they don't dare ask any "tough" questions-- do you really think they want to get fired or miss out on the Free chow line???

We will just continue to hear for a couple more months about playing his way out of it. Yet people like hart will never get to see the light of day unless Prince and the wall do a sandwich on Jenkins.

Don't play the young guys-- we continue to have the thought that they must "learn the game" and need more "seasoning".

They just interviewed Chad Moeller on FSN Ohio. They basically just asked him about Action Zach, and if he had any idea what was on the guys mind. He said he had no clue, just that Zach is very enthusiastic.

Also, he mentioned that Zach's windup and delivery could change down the road, but it was his opinion, not something that has been talked about.

Guh, why did Carlos have to GIDP. Jenks wouldn't have done that, he at least would have let Prince get a shot to knock Rickie in. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Quote:
Now the anti-Carlos crowd can pump their chests.

I don't think theres that much of an anti-Carlos crowd here. Its mostly just people who take exception to others saying Jenkins is a piece of garbage and Carlos should get a huge contract extension.

How many times is Carlos going to do that this year.. i get literally sick every single time.

He doesn't need to hit homeruns, i don't care if he doesn't get 40. I can live with 28, 29, whatever. Just go back to hitting .300, Carlos. If you look at his hit chart it's obvious that he's trying to pull the ball more these last two years.

Archived