Brewer Fanatic

8/27/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Wainwright): 7:15 PM CDT

wibadgers23
It's not over, but if this ends badly I don't at all like the idea of going into PNC Park on the heels of this. Sure the Pirates stink, but I don't think this club is beyond finding ways to stink it up on occasion, especially with Bush and Suppan seemingly being too good to be true lately.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am far more concerned about being 6 GB of the Cubs then having potentially a 5.5 game WC lead shrunk back to 3.5. If the Brewers fall just short of catching the Cubs for the division, we may look back on this game as the one that really hurt down the stretch.

Why is Mota warming up and not Torres?

An inning like this is a prime example of why i hate the save stat

We had the heart of the Cardinals order coming up and instead of bringing in our clear best relief pitcher to face those three hitters, Ned brought in Riske because it wasn't the 9th inning.

This game was lost when our big meat couldn't drive a run in with one out and men on first and third.
Yup, we definitely had chances to add on tonight and failed to do so.

We do still have the top of the order for the 9th, but that tack on run there didn't help. Our bullpen is still our weakest link. Waiver wire deal anyone?

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I hate to say it, but Ned should have gone to Mota this inning. You would think getting the team out of a bases loaded, no-out jam would earn you a chance at some key pitching time. I mean, what has Riske done this year to prove he is worthy?

The world will not come to an end if we lose this game. Didn't everybody just want a split anyways?
Of course it's not the end of the world but given they had them on the ropes for what could have been a practical killshot for the season and then coughed it up late (not to mention falling back against the Cubs), it's wildly disappointing.

There's a huge swing between 3 1/2 and 5 1/2

I am far more concerned about being 6 GB of the Cubs then having potentially a 5.5 game WC lead shrunk back to 3.5. If the Brewers fall just short of catching the Cubs for the division, we may look back on this game as the one that really hurt down the stretch.

Huh? You must be kidding

Ugh, why keep Shouse in!?

Ned has removed Riske and Shouse a hitter too late. Riske gave up the 2B to Pujols and then fell behind on Ludwick before he doubled. Clearly, Riske didn't have it. Did Ned think magically Riske would shut down the next three hitters he faced? Again, this is Ned "hoping" for the good result, rather than being proactive.

Archived