Brewer Fanatic

8/27/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Wainwright): 7:15 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carlos pumped his fist in excitement, which is clearly in violation of the way the Cardinals have decided the game of baseball is supposed to be played. Pujols yelled at him from the on-deck circle, Prince and Carlos yelled back, and the home plate umpire had to separate them.

What happened at the end of the 7th? Jim Powell said there was some kind of tiff going on with Prince and Pujols after Carlos coaxed the popup to end the inning. But then it went to commercial.
Carlos pumped his fist after he got the out, Pujols didn't like that so he started walking towards Carlos screaming at him so Carlos started yelling back. Give credit to Cuzzi, he got in by Pujols right away and told Carlos to keep walking towards the dugout.

I'm late to the party, but I feel compelled to remark on the appearance of Adam Wainwright's jersey in the early innings I got to see on television.

It looked kind of baggy and disheveled on him, and the top button was unbuttoned. It was a rather unprofessional look and I wonder if he was wearing it that way on purpose to thumb his nose at the game, nay, entire cultural institution of baseball.

You guys decide what goes in blue in my statement above. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

What happened at the end of the 7th? Jim Powell said there was some kind of tiff going on with Prince and Pujols after Carlos coaxed the popup to end the inning. But then it went to commercial.

In short, Carlos let out a whoop after getting out of the mess. Prince Albert didn't like it, and from all the way over in the on-deck circle took a few steps toward the field to yell at CV. Prince was only just in the area, being there chasing the pop-up. No real action with Prince.

Carlos pumped his fist in excitement, which is clearly in violation of the way the Cardinals have decided the game of baseball is supposed to be played. Pujols yelled at him from the on-deck circle, Prince and Carlos yelled back, and the home plate umpire had to separate them.
Haha, nice Felder. Of course only the Cardinals know the true way to play the game of baseball.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Screw Pujols. Quit whining, Albert.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080824/capt.29791bb7004a4f4b9b61d8544f878d72.braves_cardinals_baseball_mojr101.jpg

Guess who is watching his home run... hmmm.

Riske being in isn't exactly confidence inspiring, but lets hope he can get through the meat of this order.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Well, here's the view of Carlos's "antics" from North Side Baseball:

dextermorgan

Wow, what is Villanueva's problem? That was some bush stuff from a guy who hasn't earned the right to do anything like that

dextermorgan

Did you see what Villanueva did? I don't blame Albert

Soul

What did Villy do besides yell in celebration?

He did it looking right into the Cards' dugout. It was pretty blatant, IMO. I can see why Pujols took exception to it.

Archived