Brewer Fanatic

8/27/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Wainwright): 7:15 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as tonight goes, my hopes for the 2-game sweep increased dramatically when I saw the lineup LaRussa is putting out tonight:
I just wish it was a different pitcher.

Then again, we beat him down last time.

For those of you whose MLB.com Gameday has frozen, ESPN's is working.

I love Manny, and he has had a nice season and can be a great pitcher. But it drives me nuts how pretty much every start he is behind in the count on hitters and he has such high pitch counts. He needs to attack and throw more strikes.
Agreed. And 14 wild pitches this season? Yikes.

He'll figure it out.

It was great to get one, but a little disappointing with Braun and Fielder up.

I know Braun k'd, but it was nice to see him look at a couple of good pitches there to get it to 3-2. A full-count slider like that is tough.

I know it only just seems like Prince hasn't come through in that situation for quite a while. RIght, it just seems that way?
August 26, 2008

1st inning: Runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out....single, RBI

3rd inning: Runner on 3rd, 1 out....ground out, RBI

5th inning: Runner on 2nd, 1 out....K

7th inning: Nobody on, 0 out....single

9th inning: Runner on 1st, 0 out....single

9th inning: Runner on 1st, 2 out....ground out

Keep the camera pointed at the bullpen...it's high comedy. Shouse, Villanueva, and Riske playing rock-paper-scissors; then McClung joining them and they start tossing rocks or something at a chair. Gold/

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Rickie is terrible. I wish he would be riding the pine. Too bad Doug couldn't have landed Roberts, Rickie is a playoff liability.

I am pretty sure I saw a stat that showed the Cubs pitcher spot is producing better than Rickie this year.

Rickie is terrible. I wish he would be riding the pine. Too bad Doug couldn't have landed Roberts, Rickie is a playoff liability.

I am pretty sure I saw a stat that showed the Cubs pitcher spot is producing better than Rickie this year.

When that rumor was going around, I wanted Roberts so bad. He would have really made this team scary good.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived