Brewer Fanatic

8/27/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Wainwright): 7:15 PM CDT

wibadgers23
If the Phillies sweep us, they will pass the Mets. We will not finish behind both the Mets and Phillies. These games are a lot more relaxing when you start to realize, we are going to the playoffs this year.

The Brewers have 3 against the Mets too. I would not be putting the Crew in the playoffs at this point in the season. Its way too early, and Ned Yost is still the manager.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets all put this in perspective. If all we care about is winning the wild card, then we just accomplished a lot in the past two days. We broke even with the Cardinals, Mets and Phillies. 2 more games out of the way, maintaining a 4 game lead in the loss column. What is disappointing is losing another game to the Cubs. Can't really get more than 6 games back if we want to win the division. Hopefully the Phillies can win 3 out of 4 this weekend in Wrigley and we can win 2 out of 3 in Pittsburg.

Vintage Weeks there. God he sucks, I'm sorry Weeks fans/apologists. I cant stand him.

So you are mad that Weeks K'd on nearly the exact same pitch that Braun did later on. Does this means Braun sucks now? That was a good pitch by the pitcher all Weeks and Braun could have done with those pitches were foul them off. If they looked at them the outcome would have been the same it was a strike.

If the Phillies sweep us, they will pass the Mets. We will not finish behind both the Mets and Phillies. These games are a lot more relaxing when you start to realize, we are going to the playoffs this year.
Did I miss a memo and the season ends Aug 27th? A 3.5 game lead over 29 games is not even close to a lock.

I'm just sick of Weeks sucking. That is all.

Well, gameday was behind, so I assumed that he did something terrible, like get a single but get thrown out at 2B. I see now that his terrible action was making an out. Interesting.

Dissappointing loss. Time to move on.

If there's one thing I learned from public school, it's this: The only thing that makes you feel better after getting beaten up in a scuffle on the playground is to go out the next day, find a slower, weaker kid, and pummel him. The brewers need to redirect that philosophy outwardly on the Pirates.

Can't really get more than 6 games back if we want to win the division. Hopefully the Phillies can win 3 out of 4 this weekend in Wrigley and we can win 2 out of 3 in Pittsburg.

You're really rolling the dice -- getting the division is going to be extremely difficult. The Brewers are 6 GB and the Cubs are a very, very good baseball team. Personally, I want the Cubs to destroy the Phillies. I want to maximize my chances with my safest bet.

Vintage Weeks there. God he sucks, I'm sorry Weeks fans/apologists. I cant stand him.

So you are mad that Weeks K'd on nearly the exact same pitch that Braun did later on. Does this means Braun sucks now? That was a good pitch by the pitcher all Weeks and Braun could have done with those pitches were foul them off. If they looked at them the outcome would have been the same it was a strike.

I don't live in Wisconsin, so I didn't get to watch, but I do agree that not every single out made by our guys is some huge failure on their part. Sometimes the pitcher actually *gasp* throws a good pitch. Similarly, just because the opposing team scores a run doesn't mean that our pitcher is a reject.

If there's one thing I learned from public school, it's this: The only thing that makes you feel better after getting beaten up in a scuffle on the playground is to go out the next day, find a slower, weaker kid, and pummel him. The brewers need to redirect that philosophy outwardly on the Pirates.

Good one. But actually it felt even better when we were beating up the Cards, our old bully. Now that WAS sweet.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

That's preposterous. Obviously that was the culmination of 4 years of underachieving overall and sucking even worse in the clutch by Weeks. Braun is an MVP candidate and has come up big in clutch many times now. Even the best fail slightly more than they succeed in baseball.

These games are a lot more relaxing when you start to realize, we are going to the playoffs this year

Fine Fido, talk to me September 28th. We are making the playoffs this year.

What are you talking about? Your statements are ridiculous. I know it's your new thing to attack people who aren't totally convinced of this team's greatness, but just stating something mathematically untrue -- as a fact -- doesn't necessarily make it so. But if you've convinced yourself already, then you should probably just stop watching and stop bothering people who still realize these games still have ramifications.

No it does not mean Braun sucks. I'm just sick of Weeks period. And I'm sick of people using the "potential" and he has had injuries excuses for him performing well under his expectations and draft place. If you like him great, but he is bad hitting and on defense. I don't know what the answer is long term at 2B for the Brewers but I hope it's not Weeks. And for this season I would much rather see Durham play everyday.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Braun's was actually a mistake pitch. But yeah, I get where the OP is coming from. Weeks has been all kinds of bad this year. Cuzzi didn't do him any favors though. He decided to call the 3rd pitch a strike at the last second, which was bull.

Lets all put this in perspective. If all we care about is winning the wild card, then we just accomplished a lot in the past two days. We broke even with the Cardinals, Mets and Phillies. 2 more games out of the way, maintaining a 4 game lead in the loss column. What is disappointing is losing another game to the Cubs. Can't really get more than 6 games back if we want to win the division. Hopefully the Phillies can win 3 out of 4 this weekend in Wrigley and we can win 2 out of 3 in Pittsburg.
Honestly, at this point I think we should be rooting for the Cubs to lay the brooms down. The Cubs are a very talented team, more talented than us, and barring a TERRIBLE collapse, they have already won the division. We haven't been to the playoffs in 25 years; play it safe and root for the WC threats to lose.

Fine Fido, talk to me September 28th. We are making the playoffs this year.
Nobody is arguing that the Brewers don't have a good chance at the playoffs. They are, after all, 3.5 games up in the wild card chase with a month left. But to say that we're a lock and there's no way we don't make it...well...I need to get the number of your dealer.

Weeks, Riske, Counsell... swap whatever we have at Nashville with these three and there is no loss. Might even be an upgrade.
Counsell has been doing what is expected of him, I think. Playing flawless defense and contributing here and there at the bottom of the order. Weeks and Riske on the other hand... yeesh.

Archived