Brewer Fanatic

8/27/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Wainwright): 7:15 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am far more concerned about being 6 GB of the Cubs then having potentially a 5.5 game WC lead shrunk back to 3.5. If the Brewers fall just short of catching the Cubs for the division, we may look back on this game as the one that really hurt down the stretch.
Why the heck would you be "concerned" about not winning the division? Doing so would be a bonus. We haven't been to the postseason in 26 years and we're being picky about how we get there?

Why is Mota warming up and not Torres?

An inning like this is a prime example of why i hate the save stat

We had the heart of the Cardinals order coming up and instead of bringing in our clear best relief pitcher to face those three hitters, Ned brought in Riske because it wasn't the 9th inning.

exactly danzig....I was thinking this before the inning ever started. It was a "No Brainer" obviously.....which is why Ned is at a true disadvantage.

vintage Yost - bring in a questionable option to start a critical inning, leave him in two batters too long, bring in a LOOGY and end up watching him give up more runs by facing right handed hitters until Yost brings in a righty

oh, and Fielder belongs in the AL now - just terrible defense

Gameday is a mess. I have no idea what happened that inning...fielders choice with no one out? Throwing error on Prince to catch Izturis? Pick off or caught stealing?

So confused. I may as well turn Biden on.

Formerly Andersoc420

Man, tonight's win will be even sweeter after that 8th inning.

The wild card race is over in my opinion. The Cards are not good enough to catch us and the chances of both the Mets and Phillies catching is is pretty low.

I'm not too concerned about this game if we lose, but...what?

Archived