Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Gear in Madison

BuckyBrewer61

Penney's at West Towne has had jerseys, but I don't recall any in the retro style. I will be there Wednesday evening (might finally spring for a Sabathia shirt with the coupon I got in the mail), so I could check if you'd like. I'm pretty sure they don't have anything powder blue.

Last season, Dunham's in Westgate had some pinstripe retro jerseys. I remember being mildly awestruck to see something like that in Madison. This was during the Brewers' hot start to the 2007 season.

Also, NMF is correct about one of those State St. storefronts that usually is all Badgers/UW Greek having Brewers merchandise this year. I just walked by there last week and they just might have had something retro in the window. I know they had a Hart navy t-shirt (which of course caught my eye) and a powder blue Sabathia shirt.

Thing is, I thought that place was Name of the Game. Shows how much I'm up on that stuff.

For what it's worth, the ginormous Lucky building (replacing University Square) has a larger Name of the Game, on the side facing University Avenue. I haven't been close enough to see the merchandise they have, though, only to notice that that's what was moving in.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Wisconsin Active Sports at West Towne had authentic retro's when I was there about 3-4 weeks ago. Dick's Sports also at West Towne had a surprisingly large selection of players in home jerseys, don't remember if there were retros or not though.

Peavey, is Wisconsin Active at West Towne or Westgate? What's the store in Westgate called? I know they had some Brewers stuff about a month ago.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

According to this link, both West Towne and Westgate have a Wisconsin Active Sportswear. In fact, there seems to be one almost anywhere you turn around in Madison.

Yep. There's also a huge one just up from the Junction Road Target, but I don't remember seeing jerseys in that one.

Wow, I had no idea there were so many in the area. I only knew of the one in Westgate. I would've never known about West Towne as the mall is just about the last place I ever want to be.

Anyway, the store in Westgate had Brewers gear when I was there.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Penney's at West Towne won't help you in a quest for a retro jersey. They have moved in their Packer/Badger stuff and there's less Brewer stuff on display. (Of course. Who would buy baseball clothing in August or September?)

For JumpinMacFlash, Penney's did have quite a few navy Hardy jersey tees. I didn't case out the sizes in great detail.

And for those of you scoring at home, Penney's still has one navy Geoff Jenkins shirt, XL, offered at the same price as the shirts for the guys still on the Brewers roster. Shamelessness!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived